Administrative Assistant, Academic Advising at The American University of Nigeria (AUN)
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Academic Advising
- The Administrative Assistant will provide essential administrative support services to our academic advising team.
- The successful candidate will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth operation of the office, facilitating communication, maintaining records, and assisting students and faculty in accordance with the policies and procedures of the American University of Nigeria.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Welcome students, faculty, and visitors in a professional and friendly manner.
- Manage incoming calls, emails, and inquiries, directing them to the appropriate staff members.
- Maintain a neat and welcoming reception area.
- Assist students in scheduling appointments with academic advisors.
- Coordinate advisor schedules to optimize appointment availability.
- Send appointment reminders to both students and advisors.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence and mail.
- Provide basic information to students about academic programs, policies, and procedures.
- Direct students to relevant resources and services on campus.
- Assist in resolving minor student inquiries and concerns.
- Monitor office supply levels and initiate procurement as needed.
- Maintain an organized inventory of advising materials and resources.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date student records, including academic plans, progress reports, and advising notes.
- Enter data into the academic advising software system accurately and efficiently.
- Generate reports and summaries as requested.
- Assist academic advisors with administrative tasks, including document preparation, photocopying, scanning, and filing.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, workshops, and events for the advising office.
- Perform other duties as assigned or delegated.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Customer-focused attitude with a professional and approachable demeanor.
- Familiarity with academic advising or higher education environments is advantageous.
- Three (3) years’ experience in an administrative or office support role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
Other Requirements / Abilities:
- Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, creates / implements actions plans and monitor progress towards goals.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in typing/word processing and use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th September, 2023.
Note: AUN is an equal-opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion, and marital status.