The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Manager
Location: Owo, Ondo
Employment Type: Full-time
Mission and Main Activities
- The main function of the Project Administrator is to put in place the component parts of the resource management system.
- He/she is responsible for managing the staff administration (contracts, employees’ files, work attendance, payroll), controlling spending commitments against the procedures of the association, monitoring the financial means raised for the project (expenditure monitoring, accounting, budget monitoring and review, follow-up of tables of allocations per donor), as well as implementing financial and HR management tools.
- The project Administrator reports directly to the Project Coordinator, and to the administrative team in the Coordination (technical referents: HRCO and FINCO).
- He/She supervises an administrative assistant.
Under his/her various areas of responsibility, the Project Administrator will be in charge of ensuring:
- Compliance with the ALIMA rules and procedures applicable to the country,
- Smooth functional organization of the project resources,
- Monitoring of the use of the resources (expenditure and spending commitments),
- Adequacy in terms of number, skills and allocation of human and administrative resources.
- Advise the Project Coordinator on set up (org chart) and together with the HRCO, update the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator, the HRCO and the FINCO, calculate the HR operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the mission and to facilitate budget following-up.
- Ensure hiring, carry out amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level, according to labour local laws, archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance.
- Assist the Project Coordinator, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities.
- Supervise/perform payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of national employees of the project are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments.
- Under supervision of the HRCO, ensure indexation process of national staff salary grids in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites Support, in close coordination with the HRCO an PC, the project line managers in detecting training needs, in properly evaluating people performance and in potential identification, in order to improve people capabilities, and their end results contribution to mission goals ;
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HRCO, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required;
- Together with the Project Coordinator, support the line managers in implementing the internal communication policies in order to boost staff active participation and ALIMA commitment;
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the HRCO, applies the administrative procedures part of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (e.g. Ministry of Heath, etc.) and ALIMA;
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and HRCO, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project;
- Follow up all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Project;
- Implement circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank conciliation) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security;
- Implement and supervise transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following ALIMA guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place;
- Ensures that monthly accountancy closure is taking place and controlled, with due quality and on due time ;
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the FINCO, analyze and follow up the project budget, in order to ensure that funds are used according to funding contracts and to proposing corrective action;
- Ensures all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (Homère, HRIS and SAGA monthly closure, sitreps, etc.
- Ensure all financial documents are properly filed and submitted to the coordination office on Monthly basis
- Ensure timely preparation of all statutory and remission to the relevant government authority.
Experience and Skills
- University Degree in Finance, Administration, and Human Resources.
- Minimum 3-year experience in Finance & HR management
- Knowledge of Saga (Finance software) & Homere and HRIS (HR software) is an asset
- Rigorous, stress-resistant and good adaptation capacity.
- Experience with medical international NGO, an asset
- Experience in a similar position for at least 2 years.
- Team management and supervision skills
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office packages, especially Excel & Word
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and adaptable to changing needs and situations
- Flexible, patient and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with numerous deadlines, etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV and Qualifications with Contact details all in the same PDF file to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 8th September, 2023.