Site Doctor at Unilever Nigeria Plc
Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Doctor
Job Requisition ID: R-68556
Location: Agbara, Ogun
Job type: Full time
- Delivery of Medical and Occupational Health (MOH) service in line with national policies, local service level agreements and in conjunction with Company Medical Advisor
- Ensure that employees are screened (pre-placement) by overseeing the process and / or undertaking assessment activities.
- Identify any implications for employment and provide them with relevant health information for their role.
- Manage the delivery of health surveillance and screening programmes.
- Collate and analyze statistics.
- Make decisions in relation to medical consultations, external referrals, and follow-up.
- Provide professional Occupational Health (OH) advice.
- Management of site OH records
- Advise and support delivery of emergency services.
- Advise on risk-based assessments to develop safe working practices and prevent ill health:
- Adopt a proactive approach to anticipating, managing, and improving OH involvement in issues such as ergonomics, workplace procurement etc.
- Provide and oversee work-related health information, instruction, and training.
- Develop strong working partnerships with other allied and non-allied groups such as physiotherapists, Occupational hygienists, Safety personnel, Human Resources etc.
- Coordinate and/or deliver health promotion activities and advice where appropriate.
- Work with Company Medical Advisor to ensure agreed HMO service delivery.
- Oversee usage of medical supplies and consumables in site clinic.
- Participate within, and advise upon, positive attendance management strategies and activities including sickness absence, rehabilitation, and temporary redeployment.
- Investigate work-related ill health and advise on corrective actions/solutions.
Key Skills Required
- Registered Medical Practitioner
- A minimum of 2 years of Occupational Health experience
- An understanding of current Health and Safety Legislation
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities
- IT literacy (word, excel, power-point and Outlook preferred)
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development
Evidence of payment of current Annual practicing license.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- A team player able to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- A customer-focused, positive approach to work
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified