Program Manager at First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank)
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Job ID: 959
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define program/project scope, goals and deliverables of assigned strategic initiatives of FirstBank in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Lead and deliver large, complex internal & external engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for the Bank.
- Clearly define quantifiable program benefits, and ensure a benefits realization plan for the program.
- Estimate the resources (human, financial and technical) needed to achieve project goals.
- Prepare budget proposals, obtain approvals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Effectively and efficiently manage resources tied to the various projects.
- Ensure that required approvals are obtained and that adequate documentation is maintained for all program/project expenditures.
- Develop a holistic Business Readiness and Change Management plan to disseminate information to all stakeholders and the public throughout the program/project life cycle.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to all stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Develop presentations, reports and provide briefings on projects to Management.
- Leverage cross-geography insights and practitioners to enhance internal FirstBank internal client service delivery.
- Incorporate financial information when evaluating business opportunities and making recommendations.
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- Develop relationships, establish credibility with and instill confidence in internal clients.
- Articulate how technology enables and differentiates the business and communicate this effectively to Project sponsors and other internal customers.
- Manage multiple work streams on assigned projects to deliver expected quality within milestones and on budget, including the achievement of the benefits realization plan.
- Supervise the activities of the Team Leads, Senior Associates, and Associates or other project team members and enabler teams working on assigned projects.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crisis/risks, and devise contingency plans to provide solutions and take corrective action.
- Conduct project post mortems reviews and make recommendations (Report) to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Drive insight-infused discussions to enable Project sponsors to best develop and execute against their overall strategy.
- Apply an in-depth knowledge of organizational structures, operating models and processes to analyze, assess and improve Project sponsor’s business and project requirements.
- Identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment.
- Identify and transform opportunities into solutions that drive business value for our internal FirstBank clients.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, with a minimum grade of 2.2.
- Project Management certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten years relevant working experience, covering a range of functional areas.
- Experience with managing transformation, change management or other strategic projects.
- Experience with Program Management or Project Management Office desirable.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to identify program/project complexities and reflect same in the work plan.
- Ability to make objective and well-informed decisions; and also to perceive the impact and implication of such decisions.
- Ability to show flexibility – open to change and adapt behavior or work methods in response to new information or unexpected obstacles.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple work streams of the implementation program/project.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflicts within the project team.
- Ability to implement best practices and tools for program/project execution and management.
- Deep industry knowledge and good understanding of underlying operational issues.
- A very strong sense of ownership with every assigned task.
- Strong track-record in effectively developing market credibility in a timely manner.
- Strong people management and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to motivate and lead a team with enthusiasm, drive and effectiveness.
- Proven ability to deliver on multiple tasks within tight timelines in a client-driven environment.
- Excellent persuasive and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th December, 2023.