Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consumer Analyst, Global Markers
Job ID: 80414699_80387033
Location: Walter Carrington Crescent, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Business Segment: Corporate & Investment Banking
- The main purpose of the role is to establish and maintain a leading equity research franchise for coverage of the consumer sectors in frontier markets across Sub-Saharan Africa. Consumer sectors include the Beverages, Staples, Food Processing, and Agri sub-sectors.
- The primary coverage universe will consist of about 10-13 stocks, while wider pan-Africa coverage may expand to about 20 stocks.
- The main purpose of the equity analyst function is to advise institutional investors on investment and divestment opportunities. A successful execution of the job steers client trade and a commission stream via the dealing platform of the broker.
- This advisory function is fulfilled through regular publication of investment ideas, company and sector updates, marketing of ideas and the organization of conferences and other corporate access activities.
- In addition, we anticipate that an analyst builds a network of executive contacts and, within the global regulatory framework, generate observations and ideas that may assist the primary capital teams of the bank.
- First Degree
- Minimum of five(5) years of equity analyst experience
- Regional or global experience in broking would be an added advantage.
- Self-Starter (that can establish products and processes in a start-up equity research business environment)
- Communication Skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date