First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Company Secretary
Job Identification: 888
Job Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting the Company Secretary in ensuring compliance by the Bank with applicable corporate governance codes, rules and regulations.
- Assisting the Company Secretary in attending to sundry requests from the Board and executive management for secretarial advice and guidance as well as in the resolution of sundry secretarial/regulatory issues.
- Assisting the Company Secretary in the administration of the electronic portal for the CBN Fit and Proper Persons Regime.
- Control of safe custody items deposited with the Company Secretary Department by other units within the Bank.
- Preparation and/or filing of statutory returns for the Bank, inclusive of the Bank’s Form of Statement under Section 733, CAMA.
- Providing financial control functions in the Department, including cost apportionment, review and adoption of Profit and Loss vouchers, call-over vouchers, Inter Branch Vouchers, etc.
- Compliance Officer for the Department.
- Other assignments and duties as may be assigned by the Company Secretary.
- As part of the Bank’s Information Security requirements, maintenance of the security of all Information entrusted to the staff and compliance with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Laws (LL.B); Barrister at Law (B.L.;) Call to the Nigerian Bar.
- Minimum experience: 7-9 years post call to bar.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Nigerian legal system.
- Banking and Company laws and regulations.
- Corporate governance principles.
Skills / Competencies:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Legal Advisory
- Legal Documentation
- Corporate Governance
- Stakeholder Management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2023 (08:31 AM).