Old Mutual Nigeria consists of a Life Assurance and Short-Term Insurance business and provides a wide spectrum of insurance solutions tailored to meet unique individual and corporate clients’ circumstances.
Assistant Fund Accountant
- Performs all administration functions required for our various collection platforms
- Managing the relationship between Old Mutual and worksites that have signed the payroll agreement as well as our collection platform vendors
- Ensuring that correct premiums are deducted from employees payroll by providing monthly schedules, and allocating premiums to individual policies, per pay office
- Receives new stop order submissions from the collection channels.
- Reconcile control accounts and follow up to resolve any errors identified
- Checks policy files and compiles channel specific lists.
- Deposits cheque payments received.
- May assist Sales Advisors with presentations specifically related to pay office procedures.
- Manages and checks premium increase deductions on existing books.
- Resolves stop order payment queries. All collections related enquiries/complaints on late payments, non-payments by companies, resignations etc.
- Ensure payment of commission due as per terms & conditions of the payroll agreement
- Continually explore better methods/systems of premium collection with payroll worksites
- Report on the trends, performance on all payroll worksites and collection platforms
- Coach sales force to ensure adherence with payroll worksites.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Accountancy (Required)
Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Old Mutual Plc on oldmutual.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com to apply