As a Social Ads Strategist, your main role is to craft paid advertising strategies to help our clients achieve paid social media advertising success. You’ll work alongside the rest of the Social Media Department on both internal and external projects. Within the department, you’ll be collaborating with our Strategists, Associates, and Specialists (paid interns) via both crafting holistic strategies across organic/paid, as well as sharing your expertise to improve everyone’s knowledge for your field. Outside of social, you’ll be collaborating with our design, SEO/content, and paid search teams.
Our Optimists can work anywhere in the US (though your work hours will be either Eastern or Central time zone.) If you’re located in New Orleans, Atlanta, or Washington, DC, you’re welcome to work in one of our permanent offices in those cities.
65% Social ads management, including campaign creation, optimization, reporting, analysis, and more.
25% Account executive duties.
5% Collaborating with organic social media accounts.
5% Optimizing the department.Responsibilities:
PAID SOCIAL ADVERTISING MANAGEMENT
Oversee the social ads management of 3 – 7 of Online Optimism’s Social Ads accounts.
Creating paid campaigns and strategies for agency clients on: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest.
Monitoring and optimizing paid campaigns to hit client goals and KPIs.
Developing ad copy and creative.
Handling client reporting.
Implementing best practices and new features to client campaigns.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE DUTIES
Work directly with clients, acting in an account executive role for 2 – 4 of Online Optimism’s clients.
Collaborate with our other departments to ensure that your main accounts have a consistent, cohesive strategy and message across all their channels.
COLLABORATION WITH SOCIAL MEDIA DEPARTMENT
Work directly with Social Media Team members to ensure that your ads have a cohesive strategy with organic content.
Provide support to other team members’ main accounts.
Share best practices and knowledge across the department.
OPTIMIZING THE DEPARTMENT
Spot inefficiencies and create new processes to expand on the agency’s bandwidth and resources, related to new business development.
2-5 years of paid social media advertising experience, for accounts with at least $1,000 / month advertising budget.
Significant experience within the Facebook Business Manager
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Facebook Blueprint Certifications
Experience working on TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Pinterest’s ad platform.
Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Previously worked SproutSocial, or other social media management tools
What’s It Like to Be an Optimist?
As a full-time employee, you’ll receive numerous benefits, and perks. In addition, we offer a flexible work environment that provides for both in-office and work from home opportunities.
- Annual salary paid weekly.
- ~ $1,000 Tech stipend (depends on your city.)
- Health and Dental Insurance for you and any Dependents, 50% covered by Online Optimism.
- Vision and Life Insurance, 100% covered by Online Optimism.
- 29 paid days off per year: 15 days paid vacation + 14 holidays. This includes New Year’s Eve + Day, three days for Mardi Gras, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas Eve + Day. The three days for Mardi Gras, Good Friday, and Christmas Eve + Day are considered floating if desired.
- Unlimited sick time.
- Summer Fridays (which, at our agency, are 4 extra half-days you get over the summer).
- Simple IRA retirement plan, with 3% matching from Online Optimism.
- Casual dress code.
- Endless office snacks. We’re not just talking about fun-size candy bars, either. Kombucha, lox, Red Bull, Clif Bars, organic fruit freezer pops, guacamole…if it’s available at Costco, we’ll get it for you.
- Top-of-the-line computers to work on (in addition to our $50K annual software spend). We’ll get you the tech you need to do your job well.
- Flexible work hours: 8–4, 8:30–4:30, 9–5, or 10–6.
- We cover the cost of any networking groups or events related to your career or skills that you want to work on.
- Annual Company Retreat, rotating between our three office locations..
- A half-day on your birthday, as long as you wear a birthday hat. Tiaras are allowed.
- Lack of non-compete.
- After your first year: Paid Maternity (16 weeks, 100% salary) and Paternity/Adoptive (8 weeks, 100% salary) Leave
- After three years: all expenses paid trip to conferences (assuming, you know, there’s not a global pandemic going on in 2024.)
- After five years: An increase from 15 to 20 days of paid vacation.
How to apply