While this a remote role, the regional scope is the EMEA. Bear in mind that we will be only accepting applications from candidates already based in any of the countries of the above mentioned region.
Human Made is a globally distributed* company that helps organisations drive customer engagement, reinforce brand value and improve operations with digital solutions powered by Altis, our WordPress digital experience platform.
Over the past 10+ years, we’ve helped brands such as TechCrunch, CapGemini and USA Today build and deliver their digital strategies, transforming the way people interact with some of the most visited websites in the world. We have deep expertise and investment in using WordPress as a tool to create large-scale platforms, websites, and applications that drive transformational business value.
As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for designing world-class products for Human Made, including Altis DXP. This includes owning the design process from beginning to end, translating ideas and concepts into prototypes, iterating to higher fidelity, and continuously improving existing components. This will be constantly informed by user research, business goals, and market trends, supported by product ownership.
Our teams work collaboratively, and this role will be working hand-in-hand with engineering, project management, and product management. You will be the first designer embedded within the product team and will own the whole design of the Altis DXP product.
*Human Made is a remote and globally distributed organization. However, due to the remote nature of our team, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status legally authorizes you to work before applying.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product ownership and engineers
- Develop mockups and prototypes to illustrate functionality and assist user research
- Work in an iterative fashion to create designs at all levels of fidelity, with an eye to creating professional, intuitive experiences
- Incorporate understanding of user research, business goals, and technical feasibility throughout all stages of the design process
- Create design systems and visual language for the product, using and expanding the existing Human Made and Altis design language
- Collaborate with engineers and product ownership to identify and address barriers to an amazing user experience
- Proven experience in product design for web-based applications, ideally with B2B experience
- A strong portfolio illustrating your work
- Expertise with Sketch, Figma, or similar tools for designing and creating interactive prototypes
- The ability to integrate feedback, iterating and validating throughout the design process using feedback gathered through product ownership and support
- The ability to work independently as the main design contributor as we build out our design capability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Remote work experience is ideal, but a willingness to try it out is fine too!
- £50,000 – £65,000 or local equivalent
- 52 weeks parental leave
- 35 days holiday
- Sickness and carers leave
- Annual company retreat (Previous retreats have been in Sri Lanka, Italy, Slovakia, Spain, Norway)
- Time to contribute to open source
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New mobile phone after probation and then every two years
- New computer when you need it
- Office equipment when you need it