Are you a creative storyteller who can bring our digital voice to life? Do you also have a meticulous eye for detail and can spot the tiniest grammatical error from a mile away?
GoSkills is looking for a motivated and savvy Content Editor to develop engaging, high-converting content for our audience of learners and training professionals.
Your primary duties will include: managing the content calendar, writing, proofreading, and editing content for all channels, recruiting and managing freelancers and subject-matter experts, monitoring KPIs to develop and hone our SEO strategy.
If you have excellent writing and editing skills in English and experience planning and managing an SEO-focused content strategy, we’d love to meet you.
Please share samples of your work by including either a portfolio or links to your published articles along with your application.
- Write blog posts and marketing copy to promote our products and services.
- Write compelling sales copy.
- Proofread and edit spelling, grammar and syntax.
- Edit articles by content writers and give constructive feedback.
- Fact-check and verify information and research.
- Ensure the content meets our high-quality writing standards, has a consistent voice and tone across all channels and follows our in-house style guide.
- Craft and send our monthly newsletters for consumers and businesses.
- Work with the content team to update on and off-site copy.
- Find or commission eye-catching illustrations and images.
- Plan the content calendar and commission articles based on a content pillar SEO strategy.
- Write briefs for writers based on SEO guidelines and best practices.
- Recruit and manage freelance writers.
- Optimize articles and content using SEO guidelines.
- Generate new ideas around industry-related topics and content.
- Create strategic content based on target personas and funnel metrics.
- Manage the editorial calendar and ensure timely publication.
- Monitor web traffic, user engagement (e.g. bounce rates) and other data to increase reader engagement and conversion.
- Keep ahead of best practices and SEO strategies by following industry thought-leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an editor, content writer, copy editor or similar position.
- Portfolio of published work.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, copyediting and proofreading skills in English.
- Strong knowledge and experience with SEO and keyword research.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems, publishing tools and Google Analytics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Highly organized.
- Bonus points if you have experience creating video content and developing YouTube SEO strategy.
Equipment and office space
What you get
- Flexibility of work location and hours.
- Ability to work with a fun and international team of highly motivated individuals.
- Opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
- Retreat with the GoSkills team (pending pandemic restrictions, our last team retreat was in Thailand!)
How to apply