At Awesome Motive, we help small businesses grow and compete with the big guys by creating market leading software and growth tools.
Over 10 million websites use our software and training videos to grow their traffic, email subscribers, and business revenue.
We are the company behind popular marketing products including OptinMonster, WPForms, MonsterInsights, SeedProd, WP Mail SMTP, RafflePress, TrustPulse, and more. We also run a suite of popular blogs including WPBeginner, the largest free WordPress resource site for beginners.
About the role?
As a WordPress Tech Support specialist at Awesome Motive, you’ll be responsible for guiding people to the fullest use of our products.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re passionate about solving problems and helping people.
- You’re incredibly positive and enjoy making another person’s day.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working the support inbox, making sure our customers receive timely responses.
- Fielding and recording feature requests.
- Providing support to users on the WordPress.org forums for our plugins.
- Testing bug reports locally, and when confirmed pass them to the development team with detailed instructions.
- Pre-release quality assurance testing for updates and new releases.
- Updating and creating tutorials and documentation.
- Writing code snippets to solve one-off problems.
Here are some skills that will come handy:
- Excellent English writing and communication skills. We believe communication is critical.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- At least 2 years of experience with WordPress.
- Strong comprehension of HTML and CSS – you can write HTML and apply styling from “scratch”.
- Strong leadership with the ability to step up and take charge when needed.
- You can take technical lingo and make it understandable to customers.
- Ability to prioritize workloads in order to balance an assortment of tasks and meet deadlines.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Proficiency in writing documentation.
- Proven track record providing support for WordPress plugins.
- Experience working with email marketing service providers (eg. MailChimp, AWeber, etc).
- Experience with WordPress development (eg themes, hooks, filters, plugin API, etc).
- Working knowledge of PHP.
What we offer
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
How to Apply?
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Your experience with WordPress.
- If you have previous experience working support or writing documentation, we’d love to hear about it.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc are very helpful.
- Profile links if available (Your website, WordPress.org, GitHub, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
Also note, don’t forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out 🙂
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates will be asked to do a simple code challenge.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!