Ellipsis Marketing is a forward-thinking agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers 37% of the internet and we support its product and service economy with digital marketing.
We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies who sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, and product businesses who sell functionality to WordPress users. We help our clients reach millions of users and are helping make the web more powerful and easier to use.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work.
We’re looking for freelance content writers to collaborate with us on creating world-class blog content. You’ll work with our Content Team to create engaging content that supports our clients’ conversion goals.
Most of our content is SEO-driven. We’ll provide you with SEO-focused outlines, and need you to turn them into great blog content. Our aim is to get great results for our clients, which typically means search rankings and then conversions. Our clients are typically WordPress product businesses.
The vast majority of our content work is about WordPress, so you should have experience with this (developer or non-developer). Existing experience writing WordPress tutorials is perfect. We do occasionally need general copywriting, emails, sales pages, and so on – if you don’t have WordPress experience but can do these, we’d still like to hear from you.
We’d love to send you regular work, and be your best client. If you’re a great writer, read on!
Requirements: hard skills
- Knowledge of WordPress (developer or non-developer)
- Excellent writing, grammar, and attention to detail
- Proven WordPress experience (with linkable writing samples, ideally WordPress tutorials)
- Availability to write at least 3x articles/month, and meet our deadlines
- Basic SEO knowledge
Requirements: soft skills
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly, and easily
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative, and see projects through to completion
How you’ll work
Our aim is to get great results for our clients, which typically means higher conversions. Our clients are either WordPress product businesses selling WordPress plugins, or WordPress agencies selling websites to clients.
We’ll work with you on a freelance basis through Basecamp, our project management software. We’re located in Europe, but you can be located anywhere in the world.
You’ll be working with our Content Team, who’ll provide you with detailed content outlines for what each post needs to cover. You’ll then go away and write the content, either in Google Docs or straight into WordPress. Posts will be published either bylined or ghostwritten.
Our content is typically a mix of:
- WordPress plugin tutorials (developer or non-developer level)
- Editorial content and/or case studies
- Listicles such as top 10 WordPress plugin lists
- Conversion-focused copywriting for product pages and emails
- SEO-focused edits to existing content
Please submit the form linked below to send your application. We’re especially interested in writing samples, so send us your three best ones! Google Docs links are acceptable.
If we’d like to work with you, we’ll ask you to complete a paid training and trial project. We pay a flat $50 for this. If that is successful, we’ll sign a contract and proceed to regular work.
We’d love to send you regular work, and work with you for a long time. We’re fully remote, and this freelance role is fully remote too. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
– The Ellipsis team