SuruLereLove™ is Africa’s online dating and matrimonial app, created for Africa, by Africans. Black owned, culturally aware and socially sensitive with a unique Jollof flavour and Ankara flair, SuruLereLove was designed to introduce people and create opportunities for meaningful long term relationships. The word Surul’ere is a Yorùbá phrase which means ‘patience has its rewards’ or ‘patience will yield its fruit’.
An opportunitiy has arisen for a social media manager to join our team. Working within our marketing department you will help shape our online presence and increase engagement across our social media platforms and create brand awareness.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new and exciting company, while developing your knowledge and skills within the social media sphere.
- We are looking for someone who is well versed in social media and is excited to be working in the online dating industry
- We want someone who understands branding and who knows that social media is not just about posting and scheduling, but that it is about connecting with people and getting them to connect with us, while also providing them with a brand that they will love to share, comment on and like.
- We are looking for an innovative, highly motivated and creative social media manager. You will be assisting our chief marketing officer/ executive producer in creating an exciting social media strategy.
- We are looking for someone that is full of ideas, able to think outside the box, is a creative thinker with impeccable organisational skills.
- The position is full time (Monday to Saturday 9am to 6pm) or part-time (between 10-24 hours a week)
- This role has a 6 month minimum commitment requirement
Manage and maintain all our social media channels including but not limited to Instagram, FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest
Daily moderation of community interaction, including responding to fan comments, fostering dialogue.
Creating, planning, scheduling and implementation of all Social media posts with collaboration and input from the marketing team.
Full understanding of and excellent interpretation of the SuruLereLove™ brand voice
- Research: Researching what is the best content that we should be providing to our audience.
- Idea Generation: Generating ideas for content across all platforms. Seeing ideas from creation to completion.
- Content Marketing Strategy: Assisting on the creation of a content schedule for all platforms.
- Creative Assets: Organising and uploading creative assets including copy and imagery.
- Engagement: Actively engage with the community.
- Analysing: Analysing data based on open rates and click-throughs. Monthly reports on social media trends, tools, emerging platforms and internet culture.
- Tailor & Refine: Tailoring content based on any data received.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You are a young, (or young at heart), mature minded, and fun loving individual who possesses a local and regional flair but retains a global and international outlook. Ideally, you would be someone who is able to self motivate as this role involves remote or independent working. You are goal oriented and are able to deliver set objectives on time and to specification.
You are Nigerian and live in Lagos/Abuja Nigeria or London England (reomote working considered for applicants outside these cities)
You have excellent computer skills and as your role involves working with social media data, having experience in the advertising dashboards of social media platforms is a plus, but not necessary if you are a quick learner.
- The opportunity to be part of a passionate team and exciting new company
- The opportunity to build your reputation and portfolio
- Access to paid online training to develop your skills and abilities
- Our paid package includes company smart phone, airtime and data allowance as part of an attractive remuneration that is competitive within the industry
Please send a one page CV and a one page cover letter to email@example.com with the subject as APPLICATION FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER 2020/21.
As part of your application you will need to create one original #LereLover post each for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using what you feel is the brand voice for SuruLereLove™ and attach screen shots of these three posts to your application email. ( JPG or PNG format only please)
PLEASE NOTE all applications received without a covering letter or screenshots will NOT be considered for interview.
Applications open on the 1st of December 2020 and close at midnight on the 30th of December 2020. We reserve the right to close the application process ahead of the date advertised.