Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited is a leading wholly Nigerian owned engineering firm in Nigeria. The company has over 40 years’ experience in providing expert engineering services and mercantile power to discerning clients in Nigeria and West Africa. At present it delivers over 1,000MW of mercantile power to these clients. The company has recently expanded into the marine and will be expanding its expertise to railway solutions in 2013.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clerk of Work
- Become familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them, and use them as a reference when inspecting the work.
- Attend project meetings with the Client (in conjunction with Site Progress Meetings)
- Support the Client Project Manager with respect to management of design changes and act as interface between the Project team and the Contractor.
- Keep detailed records of various aspects of the work, and put together regular reports.
- Assist with ensuring that the construction programme is maintained.
- Checking compliance with the relevant Quality Plans, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Inspection and Test Plans.
- Carrying out regular Safety, Health and Environmental inspections and reporting all accidents, incidents and near-misses.
- Assist with managing and administering the construction works in accordance with the contract
- Monitor the progress of the Project, making visual inspections and taking measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications and quality standards.
- Advise the contractor about certain aspects of the work, particularly if something has gone wrong..
- Advise the Client throughout the project whether the Contractor’s proposals submitted comply with the Client’s requirements.
- Observe the construction and comment on deviation from the design.
- Attend Site Progress meetings with the Contractor, Project Team and other Consultants
- Experienced in the successful delivery of construction projects to tight time and budget constraints
- Relevant construction related degree or HND.
- First Aid Certificate
- Have a wide knowledge of building materials, trades, methods and all legal requirements with experience with QA procedures.
- Some Leadership experience and used to working as part of a team.
- You will have worked on high value large complex projects and have experience of working closely with other disciplines to monitor works on site
- Not less than 2 years working experience as a Clerk of Works and site inspection either for a Consultancy or Main Contractor with extensive knowledge of Building Envelope and Internal fitout. Ideally with an Architectural background.
- Extensive experience in the successful delivery of major highway projects involving night time working and restricted site availability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2018.