Sahara Group is a leading privately owned Power, Energy, Gas and Infrastructure Conglomerate established in 1996 with operating companies active in the downstream, midstream, upstream, infrastructure and power sectors. Sahara has presence in different locations including Africa, The Caribbean, Asia and Europe.
Programs Supervisor – Sahara Foundation
[sc name=”ads” ]
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- To facilitate the implementation of identified Personal & Corporate Social Responsibility (PCSR) initiatives within and outside Nigeria while working with staff, partners, National Governments and other local national agencies, business neighbors and stakeholders towards achieving Sahara Groups overall PCSR objectives.
- Manage and provide content for Sahara Foundation’s Extrapreneurship platform- the Ujana Hub.
- Day-to-day coordination of the activities of the Sahara Foundation in the actualization of its set objectives covering increasing access to energy and promoting sustainable environment.
- Creating and managing virtual and physical Foundation engagement programmes.
- Evaluating impact of programmes and providing quarterly reporting on Foundation’s activities and impact.
- Develop partnerships that will drive sustainability of the Extrapreneurship platform.
- Ensuring regular programme of Foundation activities and engagement of colleagues from across Sahara’s businesses including internal stakeholders to increase uptake of volunteering and employee engagement with Foundation’s activities.
- Engaging internal stakeholders to improve their understanding of the Foundation’s objectives, curating stories and sharing information and content.
- Provide support to the Private Sector Advisory Group (PSAG) secretariat and manage expectations from cross sectoral partners.
- Provide regular updates on activities of the PSAG to Line Manager and ensure these activities are in line with the expectations of the PSAG Board.
- Engage local communities to determine needs, develop strategies and initiate programs which would answer these needs, in connection with the company’s strategies and Business Plan.
- Facilitate the process of impact assessment of programs on recipients.
- Promote companywide awareness of Sahara Group PCSR strategies and initiatives.
- Day-to-day coordination of existing PCSR projects ensuring alignment with the SDGs.
- Initiate and coordinate Partnership Relationships to ensure successful delivery of Foundation activities.
- Provide business support to the Line Manager
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate a relevant course.
- Minimum of 4 years cognate work experience with large organization, relating with people of diverse cultures.
- Experience in managing digital hubs, social media platforms and online content.
- Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility and Development.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of the Corporate Social Responsibility agenda and ESG initiatives.
- Knowledge of computer applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Project management skills, including the ability to coordinate the work of others
- Candidate must be hardworking, dedicated, highly analytical and creative
- Candidate must be resourceful with good interpersonal skills to relate with people across different social strata and employment cadres.
- Candidate must possess ability to adapt to different types of environment.
- Executive Director
- Company MD’s, Unit Heads & Finance Managers.
- Host Community Representative & Implementing Partners.
- Contemporaries in other Private Sector Organizations.