World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shipment Officer – NOA
Ref No: 2107031
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 Months
- Under the overall guidance of the WHO Country Office Representative, direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the incumbent will carry out activities related to shipment/clearance and Suppliers management for the country office.
- S/he will have to liaise with all clusters, state and zonal offices to provide guidance.
The specific functions of the incumbent are:
- Advise on shipment transactions of WHO Nigeria and make a follow up of international procurement of goods in support of the programs implementation
- Initiate due process with the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs(MFA) and Federal Ministry of Health (FoMOH) and Customs Service prior to the shipment of items procured by WHO or donated by the partners
- Provide to HQ/GSC procurement Unit the greenlight clearance for special category goods expected in the country,
- Brief international staff on arrival on the procedures for importation of goods as per Nigeria customs regulations and WHO staff regulations and assist them on the transport of their personal effects when leaving the duty station
- Performs the suppliers performance evaluation for each purchase order in compliance with AFRO Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Prepare historical costing of items regularly purchased and advise the technical unit with cost estimation for budget preparation/estimation
- Prepare for Local Procurement Committee consideration the quarterly report of supplier evaluation performance
- Act for procurement officer in his (her) absence
- Process customs clearing documentation for goods expected to arrive in a timely manner.
- Forward the documentation to the MFA and ensure close follow up for completion and for customs offices clearance.
- Ensure necessary taxation waiver is granted for all applicable goods as required by WHO regulations
- Maintain close liaison with the customs clearing agent(s) and provide all necessary documentation to avert clearance delays and associated penalties
- Maintain the tracking table of all expected / received shipment documents and statistics and produce monthly report
- Notify immediately the requestor units and supervise all physical receipt of goods and transmission to the stores
- Performs any other duties as required.
- Essential: University Degree or its equivalent in Management Sciences or Administration.
- Desirable: Professional training or certification in management of shipping or customs services
- Essential: At least one years’ experience in Shipment/Customs Services, Supplier management and Data management, working in government agencies/institutions or any other reputable organization.
- Desirable: Stores and shipment management experience in the UN system.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Communication in a credible and effective way
- Fostering integration and team work
Functional Skills and Knowledg:
- Excellent knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures related to shipment and customs clearance of the country. Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people working in shipment and customs clearance industries at various levels.
- Fluent in English.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Working knowledge of common IT software packages such as Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint etc
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings
Application Deadline 23rd December, 2021 (11:59 PM)
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]