Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Location: Jega, Kebbi
Employment Type: Full-time
Open to: All residents of Nigeria.
Contract Period: Definite (3 Months; extendable)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission / project.
- Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analysing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics Supervisor of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc.
- Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description.
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
Context Specific Accountabilities
- Travelling to local markets in Jega, Bernin-Kebbi or Sokoto for Local Purchases / Service Agreements.
- Helping MSF staff carry heavy items, if necessary.
- The list above is not exhaustive, it is a summary, the activities will evolve according to the need.
- This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
- Travelling to ITFC, ATFC sites if required for Local Purchases / Service Agreements.
- Informing superiors of any incident that may occur in the course of his/her work.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Commerce or Supply related studies.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) required.
- Two years experience in Similar Role is desirable (Preferably working experience with MSF or other NGOS).
- Knowledge of tender process, statutory requirements like WHT, purchase orders, BoQs, etc. strongly desired.
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best ethical practices in purchasing process, negotiation with vendors essential.
- Essential knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]
How to Appply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Application should include the candidate’s Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant certificates via the Link OR QR Code.
- Subject: “Application for Purchasing Officer”
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview;
- MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- Dual Employment is considered as a gross misconduct, as per MSF Belgium Internal Regulations (IR) and hence not acceptable.
- Applications should be sent through the indicated channel (online application form) containing the right subject, meeting all requirements, otherwise application will not be entertained.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next recruitment steps.
- MSF reserves the right to cancel any step or whole of the process at any stage of recruitment
Application Deadline 15th June, 2022.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]