Nigeria – Public Policy Manager
About Policy Vault Africa
Limited access to policies and regulations creates obstacles for investors wishing to bring capital into a country, civil society organizations advocating for policy changes, and for intra-government collaboration across different agencies and departments.
Policy Vault Africa is an online repository of a wide spectrum of government documents, including public policies, electoral guidelines, business regulations, laws, and investment guides in sub-Saharan Africa. A first of its kind organization, Policy Vault Africa aims to eradicate policy access problems by enabling stakeholders to search for any policy in any country in Africa.
The Policy Vault Africa website provides extensive access to policy documents including investment incentives, trade policies, countries’ budgets, legislative bills, and regulations.
About the Position
Policy Vault seeks a Country Advisor in Nigeria to help the organization scale up its work in the country. The selected candidate will be multi-disciplinarian, with strong knowledge of federal, state & local government relations, public policy analysis, country regulations & legislations, business development, and partnership building. The selected candidate will work with a team of 2-4 Policy Fellows, Analysts, and Interns based in Abuja. The candidate will report to the Director of Public Policy and the Director of Strategic Partnerships, both of whom are based in Washington DC.
The selected candidate will help to implement a yearlong foundation grant aimed at increasing the number of Nigerian government policies on the Policy Vault portal, expanding the userbase, and increasing the publicity of the organization and its services in the country. This position will include a mix of work with public policy documents, outreach to government ministries, and coalition building.
The position will be awarded on a one-year contract, renewable at the discretion of Policy Vault.
- Manage growth of Nigerian policy database, including overseeing day-to-day work of Policy Fellows, Analysts, and Interns
- Work with organization’s leadership, specifically the Country Manager for Nigeria, Director of Strategic Partnerships and Policy Vault Chair, to identify opportunities to engage with high-level government officials, private sector actors, or NGOs interested in Policy Vault services
- Identify local civil society organizations for capacity building training; work with the country manager for Nigeria and Director of Strategic Partnerships to plan trainings and build sustainable coalitions with local civil society
- Work with the Director for Public Policy to strategize ways to maximize policy compilation process
- Meet both internal and grant-mandated objectives and goals on policy compilation, capacity building, and growth
- Work with Director of Strategic Partnerships to prepare quarterly reports, end-of-year reports and other products for Policy Vault’s funders
- Prepare presentations, memos, and briefs for use by the leadership team or for external meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, including public policy, business, economics, or law. Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- At least 4-5 years of experience in private sector strategy, management consulting, government affairs, or public policy analysis
- Ability to think critically, work under pressure, and often under tight deadlines
- Experience managing competing priorities, with proven track record of achieving deliverables in a timely manner
- Desire to work with a geographically disparate and multicultural team
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in deck presentation design in PowerPoint; graphic design skills a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English, confidence in presenting to audiences or groups of key stakeholders; Proficiency in another language spoken on the continent a plus (e.g. French, Arabic, or Portuguese, etc.)
Policy Vault seeks to secure talented individuals and will offer a salary that is commensurate with the candidate’s experience and background.
Applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, and writing sample on https://www.policyvault.africa/join-us