The need for a Joint Headquarters or Defence Headquarters for the Armed Forces arose during the Second World War when Allied Forces established a combined Chiefs of Staff command structure. This functioned as the agency that worked out the strategies for the day-to-day conduct of the war. It would be noted that the Americans had earlier established the Joint Armed Forces before it was change to Joint Chief of Staff, a position being held by a Four-Star-General to oversee the three services. Consequently, many countries have continuously adopted same or similar concepts.
Admissions into the Nigerian Defence Academy 74th Regular Course
- The requirements for various undergraduate Degree programmes are a s detailed i n the NDA website/applications portal. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and screening test centers are as contained in the NDA website/applications portal.
- Note: Working knowledge of French Arabic will be an added advantage to applicants.
Screening Test Date and Requirements
- The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 23 April, 2022. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard size (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Screening Test Centre.
- The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back.
- Only successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Nature and Duration of Training
- Candidates admitted into NDA for Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
- All Regular Course cadets will train in NDA and the cost of their administration and logistics will be borne by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- In response to requests from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry, NDA.
Screening Test Conditions
- Only candidates who satisfied the admission requirements and must have the UTME score of 180 for Arts & Social Sciences and Science while 210 score for Engineering courses will be enabled to print the Screening Test Admission Card and participate in the NDA Screening Test at the Centre of choice.
Method of Application
Candidates should log on to the application portal www.ndaapplications.net, select “Purchase Access Code” and fill in their details to pay for their application via REMITA after first obtaining their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,500.00 only. Please NOTE that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
Submission of Applications
- Applications forms are to be submitted together with the scanned SSCE results online. On submission of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form.
- Interested candidates are advised to go online and complete the application on the . Please download and read carefully, the Instructions provided on the website. Applicants applying for admission into NDA must also apply to the joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (Jamb), and must select NDA as first choice institution.
- Such applicants are expected to sit for the jamb unified tertiary matriculation examinations (UTME).
Interested and qualified? Go to The Nigerian Defence Headquarters on www.ndaapplications.net to apply