Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Paralegal
Job ID: R41077
- Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving legal problems?
- Would you like to be part of a team that provides essential legal guidance?
- Join our leading Legal Team
- Our Legal Team takes responsibility for developing and safeguarding our company’s global legal strategy.
- We provide day-to-day legal support on various Compliance topics.
- We partner with the business to provide advice and guidance to ensure the protection of our employees and global locations.
- Partner with the best
- We are looking for an experienced legal professional/ Company secretary with extensive knowledge of managing corporate governance and legal entity / branch structures in Sub Sahara Africa (SSA).
- The role will work closely with the functions and operations within the region and will be based in SSA
As a Specialist – Paralegal, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and drafting of corporate governance matters for designated subsidiaries and branches in SSA
- Coordinating and conducting board and shareholder meetings, minute taking and arranging for filling with the relevant internal and external registers.
- Drafting and delivering supporting corporate documents to be used for bids, treasury requirements and other worldwide company operational needs
- Overseeing the maintenance of the regional legal entity data in the database
- Ensuring all legal entities in scope are compliant with applicable laws and internal governance standards
- Working closely with headquarters to help implement different projects and gain adoption across all of Baker Hughes in the relevant region
Fuel Your Passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Have paralegal experience as company secretary in a law firm or legal department
- Be able to lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Be able to demonstrate experience performing legal research, analyzing and recommending solutions to issues of legal entity governance;
- Show the ability to work independently in an ethical and compliant manner
- Be a Team player, proactive attitude, flexible to meet tight deadlines and able to perform well under pressure
- Display excellent written and verbal skills for communicating complex legal content to a range of audiences in English
- Have experience with SSA regulations related to the maintenance of legal entities and branches
Work in a way that works for you:
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us:
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes.
- We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
- We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law