TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media Partnerships Specialist – Sports
Job ID: F6AL
Category: Operations – User ops
Job Level: Experienced
About the Team
- The Media Partnerships Specialist – Sports would be working within the TikTok Africa Team and focused on growing the Sports content ecosystem for West Africa within TikTok through working with partners; from athletes and other Sports public figures to sport content partners, media, sports federations and other stakeholders within the Sports ecosystem.
- As the Media Partnerships Specialist – Sports for West Africa, you will develop innovative approaches and tactics, for different Sports public figures and partners in West Africa (existing and new), to foster an enticing ecosystem of diverse video content on TikTok.
- Ideal candidates for this role will have a passion for sports, great content, an extensive understanding of both traditional and digital media, as well as TikTok’s unique value proposition, and a proven background of working with relevant partners to find success and generate data-driven experiences.
- Come and join our Creator & Partnerships team at TikTok! You’ll be key in creating and developing our partnerships and public figures strategy in Sport and supporting our creator community team.
- Acquire new Sports public figures and partners through engaging one-on-one communication via email and social media channels, as well as at live events
- Independently responsible for a medium-sized group of content partners and Sport public figures in West Africa, executing strategy by developing customized tactics that are aimed at content quality, publish quantity growth and account growth
- Closely monitor the sports landscape, supporting day-to-day partner management, developing narratives as well as tentpole strategic and cross-functional initiatives to ensure our partners are positioned for success and our users have access to the best local content and community possible
- Manage a workstream with little guidance and control from direct leader
- Able to troubleshoot issues in face of a complicated situation, make independent judgments, and propose solutions by applying knowledge and experience
- Establish resources and educate Sport public figures/partners on best practices, help solve technical issues, and optimize overall performance
- Tracking and reporting back on the performance and growth of Sport public figures/partners on a regular and project basis (quantitive and qualitative) both internally and with the Sport public figures/partners
- Project management and administration of day-to-day partnership activities and drive organic performance growth across Sport public figures/partners accounts
- Be the advocate internally on behalf of the Sports public figures and partners to ensure their needs are met.
- With the help of senior colleagues and based on existing methodology and targets, develop and execute strategy and activity plans for the Sport workstreams in West Africa
- Use data to support workstream goals and objectives as well as align with overall business goals
- Identify and implement additional operations improvements across the team. Support Team Development/Community Development
- Based on the business strategy, develop and execute content initiatives by working cross-functionally with other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree or above, with a minimum of 3+ years of experience in technology/social media/digital media/content production field.
- Passion for Sports and Sport in Africa.
- Able to establish contact, build up trust with Sport public figures/partners, and provide complete support on platform training, Sport public figures/partners engagement activities.
- Able to clearly understand business goals and how they are translated into overall content strategy and initiatives.
- Good understanding of the West Africa Sport landscape and video content platforms.
- A creative mindset – This individual will be required to identify potential Sport public figures/partners and help them visualise their TikTok content before they’ve made it.
- Experience working with analytics tools and backends of social media platforms with a specific focus on organic content data, such as YouTube or Facebook.
- Good understanding of the platform operation field; basic data analysis and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt to business needs and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about the incubation and expansion of local content, and content partners.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a proactive work-style.
- Able to work in a fast paced and multicultural environment.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form.
- The ability to facilitate training and workshops to help public figures and partners.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to skillfully manage multiple projects and diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with cross-functional communication and stakeholder management. As this role also requires close cross-functional collaboration with colleagues in Marketing, Programming, Sales, and PR, in addition to various TikTok teams around the world.
Additional Bonus Skills:
- Existing relationships with a strong network of Sport public figures and partners to lead them towards partnership
- Experience in sports management/sports events/sports landscape in West Africa (talent management is a plus)
- Knowledge of the content partner Sport landscape across Africa.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.