PepsiCo - In 1965, Donald Kendall, the CEO of Pepsi-Cola, and Herman Lay, the CEO of Frito-Lay, recognized what they called “a marriage made in heaven,”
PepsiCo – In 1965, Donald Kendall, the CEO of Pepsi-Cola, and Herman Lay, the CEO of Frito-Lay, recognized what they called “a marriage made in heaven,” a single company delivering perfectly-salty snacks served alongside the best cola on earth. Their vision led to what quickly became one of the world’s leading food and beverage companies: PepsiCo. Our company is made up of seven divisions: PepsiCo Beverages North America; Frito-Lay North America; Quaker Foods North America; Latin America; Europe; Africa, Middle East and South Asia; and Asia Pacific, Australia/New Zealand and China. Each of these divisions has its own unique history and way of doing business.
The AMESA sector consists of the Africa, Middle East and South Asia regions, and features many leading global and local snack brands including Lay’s, Cheetos, and Doritos, along with local favorites such as Chipsy (Egypt), Simba (South Africa) and Kurkure (India and Pakistan), as well as various beverage brands including 7UP, Pepsi, Aquafina, Mtn Dew, Mirinda, and Sting. The AMESA sector covers a wide span of developing and emerging markets, including the key countries of Egypt, India, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and South Africa. PepsiCo AMESA is headquartered in Dubai, UAE and led by Eugene Willemsen, Chief Executive Officer, Africa, Middle East, and South Asia. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Req ID: 278578BR
Job Type: Regular
- Perform as a strategic partner in developing LT Category Insight & Strategy. Provide support at all levels (strategic, creative, analytical, coordination) to assist the Senior Marketing Manager: Grains, Foods & Snacks in the definition of PSP.
- Develop AOP portfolio direction for Nigeria Foods from Senior Marketing Manager: Grains, Foods & Snacks and Country GM
- Lead diverse projects and multiple work streams and be familiar with the issues driving innovation, innovation tools and techniques
- Create and maintain the brand information systems and Brand KPIs scorecard, in partnership with Consumer Insights, analyse information and propose action plans to the Senior Marketing Manager: Grains, Foods & Snacks and Country GM.
- Set out clear market and brand KPI’s for each innovation, concepts in partnership with Consumer Insights
- Identify and evaluate ideas in between AOP and PSP cycle plans that are not in plan to maximise competitive advantage
- Design and maintain a knowledge management and asset repository of the brand: facts, ideas, strategies, documents, advertising etc.
- Lead and direct different cross-functional projects of varied sizes and types concurrently, consisting of marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Finance, Purchasing and external partners
- Coordinate all cross-functional activities, represent consumers internally and collaborate with leaders in varied areas on allocation across projects and resource planning.
- Interpret business strategy and determine innovative solutions supporting strategy implementation. Solutions must be relevant within the Nigeria market
- Lead partnership with local creative agencies, with inputs from Distributor Teams to design & develop market relevant, impactful integrated marketing plans brand activation programs which deliver grains & snacks growth.
- Align functional team and LT to get buy-in & commitment in order to deliver business objectives
- Lead & coordinate multiple agency partners in order to deliver on set brand objectives
- Plan and administer the Nigeria Foods budget, control the A&M W / NW ratios and effectiveness and efficiency scorecard and proposes actions to the Senior Marketing Manager: Grains, Foods & Snacks and Country GM
- Responsible for implementing the Global Brand book & standards and monitor compliance against these (brand stewardship), in both advertising and packaging /brand graphics.
- Be an active mover of identifying winning brand activation ideas within Nigeria market and propose lift & adapt initiatives.
- Own marketing calendars for Nigeria, identify opportunities and synergies in design and execution of the plans
- Has visibility of all packaging design work in Nigeria and elevates to Senior Marketing Manager: Grains, Foods & Snacks and Country GM potential issues
Qualifications / Requirements
Key Skills / Experience Required:
- Marketing / Business Tertiary qualification (degree) as minimum
- Previous FMCG marketing experience (8 years minimum within marketing management)
- Proven track record of successfully managing Brand engagement programs & achieving sustainable in-market results and long-term brand equity growth
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong prior experience in any of the Nigeria Foods categories i.e breakfast, bread or sausage roll
- Strong functional Marketing experience with track record of delivering successful Integrated Marketing Communication programs and delivering AOP’s that deliver brand growth
- Strong strategic thinking and creative skills
- Excellent collaboration & influencing skills in order to navigate a cross-functional, cross-geographical matrix to champion Nigeria Foods agenda in WECA
- Strong evidence of ability to set the agenda & navigate around complex challenges to in order to deliver results
- Balancing competing priorities
- Effectiveness in filtering through & identifying the best ideas to pursue
- Ideally knowledge & experience of Food categories (e.g breakfast, snacking, bread or sausage roll)
- Strong understanding of local Nigeria perspective
- Ability to work in matrix structure.
- Strong functional experience including:
- Excellent skills in uncovering insights that drive strategies for growth
- Creative processes & development of Integrated Marketing Communications
- Ability to create impactful & cost effective marketing support programs
- Management of Creative & Marketing Distributor teams
- Digital Marketing and Digital partnerships
- Experience of creating & launching Marketing integrated programs with high impact in the marketplace, particularly in Nigeria market
- Experience in developing strong innovation programs and best practices
- Experience in developing strong partnerships with multiple stakeholders (internal & external
- Passion for Marketing & Communications
- Resilience to deal with the inevitable knock-backs that occur in WECA
- Agility in finding solutions in line with continuous market changes
- Ability to both envision the future & create compelling vision for the Brand
- Strong creative judgement and ability to assess what ideas can travel across markets
To apply for this job please visit www.pepsicojobs.com.