Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Transmission Engineer
- This is a vital position to support network unit to do planning and providing technical solutions for connecting cell sites and enterprise customer locations.
- This person will interact with the Partners’ teams’ very extensively. Robust, flexible and state of art fiber and microwave transmission network planning & delivery is the essence of the role.
Microwave network Design & Planning:
- Design to microwave access & BB network to meet required link / network reliability criteria.
Fiber network design & planning:
- Plan & design to expand the existing fiber network to build resilience in the network.
- Last mile solution design for enterprise customers
Redundancy & protection design-:
- Design network redundancy & reliability better than 99.999%.
- Sound knowledge of local regulatory requirements regarding frequency spectrum use.
Skills & Knowledge
- 1- 3 years relevant experience in planning of transmission networks domain
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree
- Must have good knowledge of transmission technologies like microwave, Fiber networks, DWDM, SPDH/SDH, ASON, VSAT, MPLS, Data communications, etc.
- Sound knowledge of Transmission of Mobile & Enterprise Network – Planning
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytical tools
- Proficiency in tools like google earth, MapInfo, pathloss4/5 and excel
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience
- CCNA, or higher (CCNP, CCIE /or CISSP highly valued)
- Good understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Good understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply