UAC Foods Limited is a leading manufacturer and Marketer of tasty, nourishing convenience foods. The business is a joint venture between UACN Plc of Nigeria with 51% equity stake and Tiger Brands of South Africa with 49%. We are a quality conscious company and always aim to add value to our consumers with our rich basket of Snacks, Beverage and Dairies products. Our foremost act of social responsibility is the nutritious, hygienic and safe products that we consistently give to Nigerians.
Staffed with the right people in key Technical, Production and Customer Service Units coupled with our rich culture of innovation spanning many years, we have remained a dominant player in the food industry. Our company pioneered the Sausage Roll market in 1952 and for over 50 years, Gala has kept Nigerians going in their journey to success.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Safety Officer
- Facilitate the enforcement of compliance to relevant occupational health and safety laws to ensure the safety of the work environment by minimizing associated risks.
You will be accountable for:
- Daily/monthly monitoring and inspection of facility/equipment and enforce safety procedures and precautions in the work environment.
- Acting and advising on all matters relating to the protection of life and property from fire and other risks identified in the work environment.
- Enforcing traffic control in the factory premises.
- Carrying out health and safety induction for all employees, outsourced, contractors and visitors.
- Carrying out and coordinating safety talk with workers especially safety talk from identified safety concerns in the workplace.
- Attending to emergency incidents and minimizing distress and suffering, including giving first aid.
- Dealing with unforeseen circumstances as they arise and responding quickly to them.
- Inspecting and initiating maintenance of fire-fighting equipment such as fire extinguishers, fire alarm system and fire hydrant system.
- Organizing drills; educating and informing the staff to help promote fire safety.
- Assessing situation quickly and deciding the best course of action.
- Participating in safety campaign and other safety awareness in the workplace.
- Actively preparing and participating before, during and after regulatory visit.
- Actively participating in the rescue of people and property from all types of accident and disaster.
- Promoting fire safety and enforce fire safety standards in the premises
- Enforcing and Monitoring compliance to the rule of switching off all appliances after the close of business.
- Writing full incident reports in case of any eventuality.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of OND in an Engineering or Science related course
- 1 – 2 years experience in OSHE, Fire Safety Management, Microbiology, Food technology, or Engineering experience in an FMCG Industry
- Possess Analytical and Communication skills
- Relevant professional certification is an added advantage.
- Able to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Good at customer management, exhibit self -confidence and integrity
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 16th February, 2022.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]