Guaranty Trust Holding Company (Formerly Guaranty Trust Bank Plc) is a multinational financial institution that provides individuals, businesses, private and public institutions across Africa and the United Kingdom with a broad range of market-leading financial products and services. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria and with subsidiaries in Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Sierra Leone and the United Kingdom, the Bank currently employs over 12,000 professionals and has Total assets and Shareholders’ Funds of N4.057trillion and N661.1Billion respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk and Compliance Manager – HabariPay
Industry: Financial Services
- HabariPay is a young start-up on the path to building a pan-African payments unicorn with a high-impact founding team and backing from a multinational financial services company.
- At HabariPay, you will have access to best-in-class tools and resources to enable you solve truly complex problems, developing game changing payments solutions. We provide an enabling environment to deliver quality work by giving flexibility to design a lifestyle that works for you provided business and customer targets are met.
- We prioritize agility which translates into a culture of transparency, open and honest feedback and constant iteration. We are committed to ensuring a professional development that matches industry standards and personal goals.
- We are committed to helping you bridge your skills gap and invest in grooming our talents to be on par with colleagues, globally. We offer a clear career progression path that is comparable to best in class.
- As a Risk and Compliance Manager, you will develop a comprehensive regulatory compliance framework and be responsible for implementing and maintaining processes, systems and controls to ensure our compliance across multiple jurisdictions.
- The ideal candidate will come from “start-up” like environments, be mission-driven, a clear communicator with a solid background in the payments space.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain a global framework of policies and procedures for managing and mitigating operational and compliance risks, in line with laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions.
- Develop, implement and maintain an enterprise risk framework.
- Ensure regular information dissemination and coordinate training across the company on compliance issues.
- Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Oversee any internal and external audits or regulatory examinations.
- Manage third party vendor risk reviews and vendor due diligence.
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance across the company.
- Design and implement relevant compliance processes including know your customer (KYC), anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions and combatting the financing of terrorism (CFT).
- Perform risk assessments to understand enterprise risks.
- Master a deep understanding of the rules and regulations governing each market in which we operate, including monitoring any changes and developments.
- Oversee the gathering of internal information to meet external regulatory reporting obligations.
- Supervise the fulfillment of all record keeping requirements.
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues.
- Act as a point-of-contact for all issues relating to money laundering, terrorist financing and receive reports on non-compliance with laws or company policies.
- Compile regular reports on risk and compliance performance that can be shared with management or the board of directors so that issues can be rectified.
- Support our product and market expansion initiatives by overseeing efforts to apply for new licenses where needed.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- A University Degree in Law or associated courses.
- 4+ years in a senior regulatory and operational risk and compliance role, preferably with a legal background.
- Experience in payments/financial services sector.
- Ability to develop deep relationships with regulators (Central Banks or other regulatory bodies) across multiple jurisdictions.
- Excellent sense of judgment – able to help steer the company to balance innovation and growth with regulatory compliance.
- Critical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive, adapt and embrace change in rapidly changing regulatory environments.
- Deep knowledge of global payments compliance regulation – PCI DSS, PSD2, GDPR, card scheme rules etc.
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th February, 2022.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]