APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Category Manager – Asia, Middle East and Africa
Job Requisition ID: R22220
Job type: Full time
- At Maersk, we have a vision larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain. We count on our people to make it happen.
- We’re taking a big step on this journey, carrying out a vital mission: support our employees, so they can best support our customers and be a brand ambassador.
- At A.P. Moller – Maersk Procurement, we are looking for a new Regional Category Manager for our Asset Category Management Team!
- Are you motivated to make a difference to global supply chain and in the process to yourself? Are you eager to contribute to green projects and initiatives in traditional economy? Are you someone who embraces a volatile and ambiguous environment? If so, we, the Asset Category Management (ACM) team, would be the right match for you.
- The ACM team is part of the global APM Terminals Procurement Organization and is responsible for end-to-end business engagement between APM Terminals and our strategic suppliers within the areas of Civil Infrastructure, Decarbonization, Equipment, Automation and Asset Lifecycle Management. We work cross-functionally to build long term supplier relationships and Alliances that aligns with APM Terminal’s strategic business objectives. We address the current and the upcoming challenges in the industry such as Industry 4.0, decarbonization and circular economy through structured category management processes and by bringing the market learnings back into APM Terminals.
- The Regional Category Management Team is part of the ACM team and is responsible for Asset Lifecycle Management categories, owning strategic supplier relationships and driving/supporting global initiatives within the area of Decarbonization, Automation and Supplier Alliances.
What you will be doing:
- As part of the Regional Category Management Team, you will be responsible for strategic regional category management through relevant, impactful, innovative category strategies aligned to business requirements and an in-depth understanding of market dynamics and potential business impact.
The focus of the team will be:
- To centralize and proactively manage the demand on regional level to effectively manage pipeline
- Setting up a standardized process and ways of working
- Categories in scope (but not limited to), structural repairs, key components upgrade/replacement, equipment overhaul, outsourced maintenance & repairs, and spare parts etc. on regional level (in close collaboration with global and local teams)
- Strategic regional supplier partnerships and supplier innovation to address technical and sustainability business challenges/opportunities.
- The role will further be responsible for Sourcing & Contracting of routine and tactical contracts, Project Procurement management and Purchasing management in the region.
Accountabilities will include:
- You will be responsible for creating transparency to leverage our scale across APM Terminals, secure efficient demand management, share best practices and ensure minimum compliance standards.
- Create sourcing strategies, perform benchmarking, and collect market analysis
- Drive all RFQ/tender activity and negotiations within assigned categories, regions, and countries, to maximize value and cost savings benefits while lowering risk
- Collect voice of customers in the regions and identify opportunities for regional cross-leverage in close alignment with global Asset Category Management and Technical team
- Execution of global categories vision, strategy, and implementation plan on regional level
- Primary owner of the relationship with regional and local terminal stakeholders
- Collaborate on strategies with Global Category Manager. Bring in Business and Regional Insights into Strategy. Work closely with fellow regional Category Managers
- Responsible for managing the contracting process end-to-end, including legal alignment
- Develop regional supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development, and bring innovation to the business
Our employees represent a wide range of educational and cultural backgrounds, work experience and nationalities. You should be capable of thriving in a fast paced, rapidly changing, and dynamic environment. You must display a true team player attitude with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. We would like you to have:
- + 5 years’ experience in procurement
- Strategic mindset, holistic picture, proactiveness and willingness to challenge status quo
- Ability to work with ambiguity and navigate through regional cross-functional and cross-geographical complexities, with strong result orientation
- High-level understanding of Asset Lifecycle Management categories and challenges
- Strong project management skills
- Solid analytical and presentation skills
- Supply-chain and ERP system know-how
- Good legal and contracting knowledge
- You are a highly result-driven and solution-focused individual with the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Ability to balance both short- and long-term orientation for the business
- Good knowledge of regional business challenges and supplier landscape
- Basic knowledge of terminal asset and operations
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]