Quality Control Lab Technician – Cement Industry at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quality Control Lab Technician – Cement Industry
Ref No: OKPELLA – LAB-0002
[sc name=”ads” ][/sc]
Location: Okpella, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Department: Quality Control & Assurance
Reports To : Mines Chemist/ Physical Lab Technologist/ Robo Lab Technologist
Direct Reports / Subordinates: N/A
- Assist in the testing of mines samples and assist with the maintenance of equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the analysis of raw materials, intermediate and finished samples.
- Collect samples according to approved quality plan.
- Carry out preliminary preparation of sample collected for X-ray analysis.
- Carry out sieves and moisture analysis of samples.
- Prepare slides and make microscopic observations.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the plant’s laboratory operations and maintenance of lab equipments and instruments.
- Ensure effective house-keeping in the laboratory.
- Assist in the maintenance of ISO quality management systems in the unit.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic lab analysis and activity reports.
- Ensure cleaning of sample collection points.
- Assist in managing inventory of chemicals and laboratory items including glassware in the laboratory stores.
- Escalate any identified deviations from target quality standards promptly to the supervising Technologist.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Quality Control & Assurance or relevant supervising Technologist.
Education and Work Experience:
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of laboratory terminology and equipments
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Ability to handle samples and operate lab equipments
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
[sc name=”ads” ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified