The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Quality Assurance Officer
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor pile in line with the quality assurance plan.
- Monitor the operations of the QCX/RoboLab using the QCX/RoboLab software.
- Track and troubleshoot errors in the RoboLab using specified functionalities in the QCX/RoboLab software.
- Work with the QCX blend expert software to optimize quality performance and minimize error.
- Ensure results are accurately interpreted and relevant actions are taken where necessary.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records/ database for all sample analysis and interpretation.
- Identify and rectify deviations from target quality standards promptly and inform the Head, Quality Control and Assurance of actions taken.
- Ensure RoboLab equipments are properly calibrated as scheduled.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programmes and by conducting laboratory safety audits.
- Manage inventory of chemicals and laboratory items including glassware in the laboratory stores and request for new supplies where necessary.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the RoboLab on a consistent basis.
- Liaise with physical and chemical laboratories where required. Assist in the maintenance of ISO quality management systems in the unit.
- Maintain laboratory and relevant equipment in good working condition.
- Provide adequate supervision to assigned Lab Technicians.
- Prepare periodic RoboLab test reports and activity reports for the attention of the Head, Quality Control and Assurance.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Quality Control & Assurance
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelors’ degree or its equivalent in Chemistry related discipline.
- Minimum of three(3) years relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of analytical chemistry and quantitative analyses
- Good knowledge of quality control methods and instruments
- Good knowledge of quality audit/ testing processes for cement
- Good knowledge of the cement production process
- Good knowledge of ISO quality management systems
- Good chemical analysis skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Private Health Insurance
- Training & Development
- Paid Time Off