We are a food processing and packaging company located on the mainland in Lagos state and are currently expanding. We need capable and competent hands for the position of Purchasing Officer to join our growing team.
We are looking for a Purchasing Officer with good knowledge of market research to source and buy products that are essential for our company’s day-to-day operations. Someone who can review prices and quality of items and ensure optimal stock levels.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of experience as a Purchasing Officer.
We are intentional about people empowerment, learning, and development and while we guarantee to provide these, we expect the ideal candidate for this role to be able to take complete ownership of their role by being in charge and involved in process of purchasing and proactively look for improvement opportunities.
Purchasing Officer Responsibilities:
- Conducting product research and sourcing new suppliers and potential vendors.
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Sourcing materials, goods and products.
- Negotiating the best or most cost-effective contracts and deals.
- Performing inventory inspections and reordering supplies and stock as necessary.
- Conducting market research to keep abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities.
- Review the quality of purchased products and report any faulty items or inconsistencies immediately.
- Updating and maintaining records of purchased and received stocks including payments made.
- Attending product launches and networking with industry professionals.
- Establishing professional relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
Purchasing Officer Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Agent or similar role. (Experience in the food industry is a plus).
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, or a related field may be required.
- Superb verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Great organizational and planning skills.
- The ability to identify market trends and make decisions in a high-stress environment.
- Detail-oriented and pays attention to specifications.
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software.
- Excellent networking and time management skills.
- Must reside within Yaba and its environs.
Method of Application
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT LIVE WITHIN YABA AND ITS IMMEDIATE ENVIRONS.
Interested applicants should send a CV and Cover Letter
The subject of the email should reflect the role and where you reside.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]