Seflam SGL Limited is an indigenous provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) services in West Africa with over 17 years experience servicing Oil and Gas majors including ExxonMobil, Chevron, Total and Shell. Our mission is to help our Clients achieve the highest level of safety, quality and valued added results at optimal cost in the execution of our Projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Piping Designer
Job Type: Full-time
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams, including engineers and project managers, to understand project requirements and objectives.
- Participating in design reviews and providing valuable input to optimize piping designs.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant codes, standards, and regulations.
- Assisting in the preparation of technical documentation and project reports.
- Developing detailed piping layouts, isometrics, and 3D models using industry-standard software.
- Performing calculations and analysis to ensure the integrity and safety of the piping systems.
- Conducting site visits to gather data and assess existing conditions for retrofit projects.
- Generating bill of materials (BOM) and assisting with procurement activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience between 4-7 years as a Piping Designer, with a strong portfolio showcasing past projects.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard 2D and 3D design software (e.g., AutoCAD, Autodesk Plant 3D, Bentley OpenPlant, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of piping design codes and standards (ASME B31.1, B31.3, etc.).
- Familiarity with P&IDs, isometric drawings, and other relevant design documents.
PDMS Model Creation and Management:
- Utilize PDMS software to develop 3D models of complex plant structures, equipment, and piping systems based on engineering designs and specifications.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure that the PDMS model aligns with project requirements and industry standards.
Laser Scanning Operations:
- Plan and execute laser scanning activities at project sites to capture as-built conditions of existing facilities and infrastructure.
- Oversee the setup and operation of laser scanning equipment, ensuring data is collected accurately and efficiently.
- Process and manage the collected laser scan data using relevant software tools.
Integration and Coordination:
- Integrate laser scan data with existing PDMS models, enabling accurate clash detection and validation against design specifications.
- Coordinate with project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to resolve clashes and design discrepancies effectively.
- Collaborate with the project team to ensure that design changes based on laser scan data are appropriately documented and communicated.
Quality Control and Verification:
- Conduct quality control checks on the PDMS models and laser scan data to maintain high data integrity and accuracy.
- Verify the completeness and correctness of the PDMS model by comparing it with engineering drawings and laser scan data.
- Provide technical expertise and support to engineering teams, construction teams, and other project stakeholders regarding PDMS and laser scanning-related matters.
- Train and mentor team members on the effective use of PDMS software and laser scanning techniques.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email.
Note: If you meet the job requirements for this position and are excited about the prospect of contributing to a diverse range of projects