Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a regional non-Government Organisation established in April, 2003 but registered in July 2006 with the Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja, Nigeria. AYGF has an operational base in British Columbia Canada and Nigeria (Kogi State, Niger State, Ogun State, Katsina State, and FCT- Abuja).
Over the years, the Organisation has implemented several projects that addressed issues around Migration, Public Health, Climate Change and Environment, Education, Democratic Governance, and Livelihood. We believe in an equitable society where the voice of the Youth and Communities is heard with their interests and welfare prioritised.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutritionist
Employment Type: Full-time
- With financing from the World Bank, the Accelerating Nutrition Results in Nigeria (ANRiN) project aims to increase the utilization of quality, cost-effective nutrition services for pregnant and lactating women, adolescent girls, andchildren under five years of age in select areas of Nigeria’s territory.
- Responsible for sensitization, advice, and guidance of team and beneficiaries on best nutrition plans/practices. Also responsible for beneficiaries’ counseling in cases needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop work plans and activity budgets for the ANRiN Project
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of activities under the project according to approved work plans and in line with the donor’s regulations
- Conduct regular monitoring of activities, document findings, and provide recommendations to inform improvements in programme implementation
- Produce reports as required by the program
- Ensure regular communication and sharing of lessons learned and challenges with the programme team and partners
- Participate in meetings, training, and other assessment/events as required
- Plan logistics and resources needs for the activities to be carried out
- Support the work of the Project Director
- Work in collaboration with the ANRIN team so activities under the project are in coordination and synergy with the larger program
- Support the MEAL team to collect and analyse the data related to the project
Education and Experience / Qualifications
The ideal candidate should have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (Public Health / Nutrition) with a minimum of 5 years of experience;
- Demonstrated experience in working on nutrition-related issues with multi-sectoral teams in developing countries. Experience from African countries will be an asset;
- Familiarity with analytical tools and ability to translate theoretical concepts into practical approaches for operational work; and
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in English. Knowledge of other Nigerian languages will be an asset.
Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other Organisations’ staff.
- Independence, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Strong personal, supervisory, and time management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and Organisational skills;
- Excellent level of computer literacy.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Commitment to AYGF’s mission, values, and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities, and health and safety).
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for the application and addressed to “The Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)”, via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- AYGF is an equal opportunity employer, women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 24th June, 2022.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]