The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), in line Digital Literacy and Skills pillar of the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy for a Digital Nigeria (NDEPS), is launching a nationwide Digital Literacy and Skills Programme training for Nigerians tagged the Digital States Initiative.
The Digital States initiative, designed as one of the implementation strategies of NDEPS, is aimed at equipping Nigerian youths with the necessary digital literacy skills that can facilitate Nigeria’s transition to the Digital Economy.
The programme is aimed at training about 540 youths from each state of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. It is expected that about 20,000 Nigerians will benefit from the programme.
Registration for the second phase of the programme commences on Monday 7th June, 2021 and ends on 18th June 2021. The beneficiary states for the second phase are Katsina, Kaduna, Borno, Bauchi, Niger, Nasarawa, Ekiti, Oyo, Imo, Bayelsa and Abia.
Schedule for the subsequent phases will be advertised in due course.
[sc name=”ads” ]
- To improve sales of digital enterpreneurs in their new or already existing businesses.
- To increase productivity of students and employees at school and work.
- To enable creation of contents to promote online businesses especially on social media platforms.
- To empower youths with intermediate digital skills that will be needed to drive the digital economy transformation in Nigeria.
- To empower youths with globally required and marketable skills to increase their employment opportunities.
- To increase the number of industry-ready IT professionals in Nigeria
[sc name=”ads” ]
How to Apply
Interested candidates should visit https://academy.nitda.gov.ng/public/digital-skills
Application Deadline: 18th June 2021