Maintenance Electrician Technician at Lakowe Lakes Golf & Country Estate
Lakowe Lakes Golf & Country Estate, often described as ‘West Africa’s best kept secret’, is a beautiful, luxury community nestled in a peaceful neighbourhood about 35km from the hustle and bustle of Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Electrician Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Maintenance Electricians at Lakowe Lakes Hospitality are responsible for the general upkeep of the electrical system within the Corportate Lodge, apartments in the Rental Pool, Sports Center and The Wine Bar. They are required to inspect the premises of all assigned facilities regularly, conduct routine maintenance, perform repairs, and fix faulty wiring when necessary. They may also be required to replace electrical appliances.
- To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient, and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- As an Electrician, you will be expected to will repair, maintain, install and monitor electrical equipment through the hotel and respond to Guest, Manager, Team Member, and emergency requests promptly.
Tasks and Duties
Specifically, an Electrician will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
Maintenance and Repair:
- Inspect on a routine basis electrical equipment, wiring, fixtures and other components to ensure they remain functional and are up to code, as well as to identify any hazards or issues.
- Determine the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components, and create a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem.
- Provide suggestions on the lifespan of equipment and other electrical components, advising when certain components should be replaced due to potential risks.
- Keep records of all maintenance and repair work conducted, including a record of any supplies ordered and used.
- Ensure all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs.
- Repair electrical systems, wiring, circuit breakers, equipment and other components so that they remains at full functioning capacity.
- Test systems with devices such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes and ohmmeters to ensure the system remains safe and that components are compatible.
- Review blueprints to understand the placement of wiring or to comprehend the working of the equipment to provide the right service and repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated with light construction projects.
- Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the Maintenance department at Lakowe Lakes Hospitality.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Work in a hotel or hospitality environment is a plus.
- Trade Certification is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on their own.
- Previous experience in a similar role- at least 2 years plus.
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th December, 2021.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]