Phase3 Telecom is a leading independent fibre optic infrastructure with Points-of-Presence (POPs), colocation, and NOCs in Nigeria. Issued a National Long Distance Operator (NLDO) licence in 2003 by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC). We are the network of choice for high-performance, data-intensive and low latency connectivity that span dedicated internet access, MPLS VPN, metro ethernet, wide area network solutions e.t.c.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Evaluate the various procedures and processes that supportdaily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual audit exercise in the organization.
- Ensure proper audit controls and process compliance at all levels within the organization.
- Address memos, queries and complaints on audit related activities in timely manner.
- Point out risk areas in the policies and procedures and bring it to the notice of the Head Internal audit within the least possible time frame.
- Work with the Audit officer to prepare and submit weekly reports of the internal audit department’s activities to Management
- Provide updates to HIA about ongoing project status on weekly basis.
- Carry out and develop special audit reports stating his observations, conclusions and recommendations and submit to HIA for review and further actions necessary.
- Ensure compliance the organization’s procedures and policies are as specified by the relevant regulatory bodies.
- Check that financial reports and records are accurate, reliable and effective
- Ensure compliance of fraud control policy available in the organization as well as provide suggestions for improving the same constantly.
- Carry out surprise audit check on any department as may be deemed necessary or directed by HIAfrom time to time
- Inspect for accuracy of policy procedures being followed in various departments.
- Carry out physical inspection on any asset purchased by the company.
- Review company’s business performance, identify findings and develop meaningful recommendations for HIA’s consideration
- Collate information required for quarterly audit and other audit procedures without fail.
- Analyse accounting records and the periodic financial statements such as balance sheet, income statement, assets and liabilities statement and equity statement on a quarterly basis and submit report to Head Internal Audit.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head, Internal Audit
- First Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Risk Management
- ACCA/ICAN with not less than 3 years post qualification will be essential
- CIA Certification will be an added advantage
- A minimum of Five(5) years’ experience in a similar role within the telecom industry. (MANDATORY)
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques
- Prior success conducting an external or internal audit
- Ability to build relationships while asking tough questions
- Ability to analyze business process issues, conduct investigation discreetly and methodically present observations and effective recommendations
- Ability to work as an effective team member with emotional intelligence and strength
- Ability to use accounting software and Microsoft applications like Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent business analytics skills and use of ratios, charts and performance measurement indicators
- Excellent written and oral communication ability
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent computational abilities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Internal Audit Manager” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 14th January, 2022.