Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Requisition ID: 11043
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Family: Human Resources
Internal Job Grade: D1
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Accountable to: Country Director
Reporting to: Human Resources Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
- This role belongs to the Human Resource team and will be a member of Business Support functions that support programmes.
- The role will work with the HR Manager to ensure that Oxfam in Nigeria has the HR capacity to provide support to the country programme to achieve its mission.
- To provide functional and/or technical support and implement operational plans to enhance the organisation’s performance through our people.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Pro-actively advise all staff on Oxfam HR policies, conditions of employment, staff handbook and local labour code and ensure proper application.
- Maintain data quality in the HRMIS database (SuccessFactors)
- Ensure that staff personnel files (manual and electronic) are complete, updated, well maintained and stored securely in accordance with agreed practice and filing checklist.
- Maintain and regularly update staff and managers on Annual Leave days, sickness absence and others, to ensure adequate administration of leave ensuring staff maintain accurate records and high accruals of leave not taken is avoided
- Streamline staff medical processes and entitlements, liaise with the HMO and other medical service providers
- Facilitate the process of generating ID cards, staff.
- Assist the country programme in collecting data for the annual pay review
- Assist the HR Manager in monthly and or quarterly HR reporting
- Establish regular and documented data quality auditing processes, ensuring correct information and efficient filing of all HR documents.
- Work with the staff responsible for Admin within the Logistics unit to ensure that International staff have valid work permits and visas
- Monitor dates relating to Probationary Periods, Performance Reviews, and End of Contract; communicating to the appropriate persons as needed
- Communicate and maintain good relationships with relevant government and non-government agencies as requested by the HR Manager and or the Country Director
- Provide support throughout the recruitment process, dealing with any correspondence, assisting managers in longlisting, facilitate the preparation of interview questionnaires, take part in interviews and administering tests where necessary.
- Ensure that reference checks are done and in line with Oxfam guidelines on referencing, maintain recruitment file ensuring that all documents throughout the process are maintained.
- Prepare the welcome and induction package for incoming staff ensuring these are kept relevant and up to date through liaising with senior management team members
- Ensure that all new staff have proper induction on Oxfam in general, HR topics, programme and job related topic
- Develop job adverts that are attractive to potential candidates and ensure that jobs are posted on effective advertising platforms (i.e. Oxfam web site, various jobs website or local newspapers)
- Ensure Oxfam procedures are followed and that managers are trained and guided on Oxfam recruitment and selection procedures.
Contract Management & Payroll:
- Ensure that staff have contracts before they start working, and that all related paperwork is complete.
- Prepare payroll in a timely and efficient manner, collate all information relating to the monthly payroll for national staff e.g. contract, business case, amendment of contract, salary changes etc., ensuring that the correct staff details are inputted and all staff on the payroll have valid contracts.
- Inform managers about end of probation dates and end of contract dates in line with contract terms and notice periods.
- Support exit processes when a member of staff leaves Oxfam, work with the staff and their managers to facilitate completion of all required documents including conducting Exit interviews. Ensure clearance is processed and final payment have been arranged with the Finance team and that the personnel file is closed.
Staff Welfare, Health and Safety:
- Ensure procedures for medical care and hospitalisation are known to staff.
- Provide information to staff on minimum health and safety requirements so that they may be adhered to
- Ensure that all staff understand Oxfam health and safety policy
- Work with Logistics and Admin to conduct periodic health and safety checks on Oxfam premises, including checking that first aid kits are available in offices and Oxfam vehicles and are accessible to all staff
- Evaluate health and safety conditions in the country and field offices and ensure that these comply with Oxfam standards.
Performance Management and Staff Development:
- Provide information on performance management processes to managers and staff.
- Follow up with managers on all aspects of the performance management cycle: setting objectives, giving feedback, addressing poor performance, interim review and annual review.
- In collaboration with the HR manager, support managers in formulating training needs for groups and individuals and support in organising trainings (within budget limits).
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Relevant University Degree and at least three years’ relevant work experience preferably with an INGO
- Good understanding of country labour laws
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work on deadlines
- High personal integrity and ability to keep absolute confidentiality
- Sensitivity to Oxfam values including gender, safeguarding, and diversity issues
- Computer literate, including MS Word and Excel
- Understanding of and commitment to Oxfam’s aims and objectives
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to people of all backgrounds
- Diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Oxfam Human Resources policies and procedures is desirable.
- Effective use of HR procedures to assist in achievement of objectives.
- Ability and willingness to travel at short notice and often in difficult circumstances.
Annual Salary and Benefits
As per Oxfam Nigeria salary scale.
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
- Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment
Application Deadline 7th February, 2022.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]