MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Planning Intern (L&D and Performance Management)
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Job Type: Contract
- The HR Intern will provide administrative support for MainOne’s Learning and Development function, facilitating a smooth implementation of the company’s training plan to maintain a skilled and productive workforce.
- The ideal candidate will also support the performance management function.
Learning and Development:
- Coordinate learning and development programs for employees
- Conduct post training evaluation analysis
- Maintenance of a Knowledge Management/Sharing Database
- Provide administrative support for ITF submissions
- Attend to all training related enquiries from employees
- Keep up to date with developments in learning and development
- Support the implementation of approved trainings, learning and development plans, for employees and teams
- Research for and/or develop training materials for in-house courses as required
- Support in the delivery of learning and development programs as required
- Assign licenses to employees to access courses on the learning hub
- Tracking of training completion
- Manage and track the receipts of references for confirmation purposes
- Manage the performance management cycle for junior employees (interns and service assistants)
- Track performance management outcomes for the assigned cadre and ensure they are implemented.
- Follow up with line managers to retrieve probationary reports on employees due for confirmation
- Prepare letters of confirmation monthly for approved confirmed employees
- Provide support on HR Special Projects including conducting research as required.
- Complete other ad-hoc tasks that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of Social Science or Humanities.
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal and team working abilities.
- Prioritization and time management skills to manage multiple activities to accomplish desired end results within stipulated timelines.
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, and presentation.
- Proficiency in MS Office especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Demands of the Job
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in function
- High-level of initiative and creativity in discharging assigned tasks.
- Attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow instructions closely to meet set milestones and deliver on time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply