The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are currently looking for the position below to join our team:
Job Title: Head of Procurement
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Execution of tenders, while ensuring compliance with CAF’s established procurement policies and procedures and in coordination with requesting departments, while ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the scope, specifications, and all related documents necessary for initiating the tendering process.
- Execution of prequalification process for vendors, service providers, and contractors, and maintaining a regularly updated database
- Preparing different types of purchase orders, contracts, termination letters, and all other types of contractual writings and notices to all vendors, service providers and contractors
- Preparing RFIs for pre-tendering processes in coordination with requesting departments and assisting in posting these RFIs on CAF’s website
- Performing market research and soliciting the market for new vendors and service providers.
- Conducting site visits, when necessary, in line with requesting departments to ensure the clarity of all requirements and that the vendor and CAF team get answers to all queries during the site visit
- Requesting samples from suppliers to ensure compliance with CAF’s requirements and obtaining technical evaluation reports from requesting departments
- Coordinating and liaising with multiple stakeholders to achieve the best value for money to CAF
- Liaising with Legal team to ensure the best legal terms and conditions covered under Purchase Orders and Contracts, to cover CAF and secure its business, financial, and legal interests
- Issuing multiple types of tenders according to project sizes (starting with USD 10K up to multi-million-dollars projects) as per the procurement threshold manual
- Negotiating prices with vendors and service providers to ensure the best value for money and achieving the golden triangle (quality, cost, and time) while maintaining the best terms and conditions
- Preparing proposals’ price analysis sheets and bid abstracts for review prior to award
- Generating weekly reports on the status of all tenders, requisitions, contracts.
- Master’s Degree or similar Higher Education in Management, Sports Administration or related fields.
- 10+ years overall Procurement experience in an international company or organization.
- Proactive and solution-oriented.
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility, problem-solving as well as high integrity.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Fluent in the English Language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (French or Arabic) is a Plus.
- Capable of adapting to different environments, flexible, patient, and resilient.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative organization.
- High-value terms of employment.
- Full Medical/Life Insurance coverage.
- Excellent Pension Plan solution.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (Cover Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The position will be based at CAF headquarters in Cairo (Egypt).
- Only direct applications meeting the required criteria will be considered, regardless of gender, age, and nationality
Application Deadline 9th December, 2021.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]