Nextier Capital Limited is an investment and multi-competency advisory firm with a primary focus on agriculture, power and petroleum. With offices in Abuja, Enugu, and Lagos, we provide a full range of services to our clients with a goal of becoming their most trusted advisor.
Graduate Research & Policy Analyst (Renewable Energy)
- We seek to engage the services of a Graduate Research & Policy Analyst. The Analyst will work within a team of other analysts and consultants within the firm to achieve business or organizational target.
- The Research and Policy Analyst will work to support Nextier Power in the planning, designing, and implementing of energy policies related to various aspects of the power sector and in generating bankable projects by providing technical support that includes drafting proposals and undertaking sector assessments and applied research on good practices and experiences, participating in knowledge sharing programs, and refining and solidifying Nextier’s service offerings in the power sector.
- The Graduate Research and Policy Analyst will engage with personnel within Nextier, government officials, and development partners to expand meaningful application of up-to-date power knowledge and tools as well as the synthesis of cutting-edge insights and ideas.
- Take initiative to support the development of energy proposals and engagements with donors and private sector to mobilize financial resources and leverage co-financing.
- In-depth understanding of the Nigerian Power sector and proffer solutions.
- Develop program scope, support, execute and coordinate Nextier Power programmes and projects.
- Manage the various grant programmes targeted to improve consumer education and access both in the on-grid and off-grid space.
- Provide strategy for programme direction and dissemination.
- Provide strategic supervision for the dissemination of the daily newsletter.
- Edit the weekly newspaper series on critical issues in the power sector.
- Manage, coordinate, and organise the Monthly discuss on matters which are critical to economic growth.
- Develop concept notes on Energy policies and programs.
- Lookout for possible portfolios within the market for expansion.
- Stakeholder relations to understand the market operated in and assisting Nextier to consolidate shares within the market with a target of expansion.
The ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2:1 and above in Engineering or any related course.
- Master’s degree preferably in sustainable energy, renewable energy engineering and any other power sector related courses.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working within the power sector in a technical or hands on role.
- In-depth knowledge and interest in the power sector is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and a problem-solving attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Dedicated team player.
- Must be confident and articulate.
- Must be decisive, action-centered and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must pay attention to details.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the Job Title you are applying for – For Example: (Graduate Research & Policy Analyst)
Note: Kindly follow all application instructions above, CV received without the appropriate subject title will be disqualified. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.