The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Administrative Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: School of Graduate Studies
Summary of Position
- The Executive Assistant & Administrative Manager to the Dean of Graduate School & Research, American University of Nigeria is charged with the responsibility of providing high-level administrative support in accordance with AUN’s Policies and Procedures.
- The role includes preparing analytical reports, handling information requests, and providing comprehensive administrative and secretarial support to the Dean of Graduate School.
- The successful candidate will perform various secretarial functions which include, but are not limited to, preparing correspondence, travels, receiving guests, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, and managing the Dean’s official diary.
- The Executive Assistant & Administrative Manager shall also relieve the Dean of administrative detail by coordinating workflow within the Graduate School, setting up a “tickler” system and setting up an “exception reporting” system to handle routine tasks without supervision.
- Also, the Executive Assistant & Administrative Manager shall routinely re-order and manage office supplies.
- This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Areas of Responsibility
- Administrative support to the Dean of the Graduate School & Research.
- Administrative oversight of the Graduate School Office
- Oversight of the Graduate School budget
- Student record management
- Data requests and reporting
- Communication support functions including providing content for the Graduate School website
- Manage staff in the Graduate Office.
- Implementational assistance on projects and events
- Organizational coordination of Graduate School communications
- An Advanced Degree in Management or a related discipline from a recognized University
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Strong IT skills including in data analysis tools and Microsoft Office (Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Experience in organizing conferences, seminars, or workshops (both in person and online)
- Previous experience in a senior-level Executive Assistant role
- Experience of working in an academic environment (highly desirable but not required)
- Discretion and competence to work with confidential materials
Additional Requirements for the Position:
- Perform to earn the Dean’s full confidence.
- Assure the discreet handling of all issues.
- Work collaboratively and courteously with graduate students, staff, faculty and other Deans.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Availability to work beyond weekday 9-5 hours
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as
[sc name=”ads” ][/sc]
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes, Cover Letters and References to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, color, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status
Application Deadline 20th August, 2021.