The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Lagos, Sub Saharan Africa
Pay band: K
Contract type: Indefinite
- The post holder will support in the provision of secure transportation of personnel and resources for British Council operations and programmes in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
- Alternative locations the role could be based: Lagos, Nigeria
The appointed candidate will have the following accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Carries out driving and transportation duties in line with travel bookings for various activities, exams and event managements.
- Responds promptly and professionally to emergency transport requests.
- Operates the vehicle in a safe and courteous manner
- Ensures passengers use seat belts and do not unnecessarily distract the driver or MOPOL guards; report refusals, breaches or exceptions to the Facilities Officer/Manager
- Be vigilant to the possibility of robbery from the vehicle at all times; lock doors while driving
- Regular Defensive Driver Training courses to be arranged by the British Council
- Ensures proactive checks/updates are made to schedules and passenger itineraries are accurate
- Provides excellent customer service at all times and especially as the first point of contact to British Council visitors and UK colleagues at the airport
- As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Role Sspecific Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Valid Nigeria driver’s licence
- FCLC passed
- In depth knowledge of designated locations in the city and thorough knowledge of road signs
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the corporate or NGO sector
- SSCE passed
- Experience in a similar role in an international organisation
- Essential Requirements – Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Fluent written and spoken English
NGN2,272,810.00 / Annum
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd February, 2022 at 23:59 Nigeria Time
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]