Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Protection Officer
Job Code: DPO2022
- The Data Protection Officer is the statutory role required by the Nigeria Data Protection Regulations (NDPR) and the European Union General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- The DPO will act as LBS primary contact point for Data Subjects and the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA); and provide expert advice and support to LBS employees in relation to all data protection-related queries and incidents.
Essential Duties / Key Job Roles and Responsibilities
Include but not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership, management and direction in relation to all areas of data protection.
- Manage LBS compliance obligations for data protection and advise the School on all matters related to data protection.
- Be the contact point with and co-operate with data subjects when exercising their individual data rights as well as supervise and advise on the response to such requests.
- Operate as the primary contact point for the NITDA, lead a data incident response and data breach notification procedure as well as lead the School’s response to any regulatory investigation or request for information.
- Review data protection clauses in contract terms in conjunction with relevant LBS Legal Support
- Work closely with management and key stakeholders on privacy matters, advising and ensuring they are regularly updated.
- Maintain and update data privacy notices.
- Advise on data protection impact assessments relating to LBS regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for document management systems within the School.
- Monitor changes to the law and regulations on all matters relating to data protection ensuring that LBS takes timely action to update and implement changes in policies and procedures.
- Manage a programme of awareness-raising and training to deliver compliance and to foster a data privacy culture within LBS.
- Oversee the maintenance of records required to demonstrate LBS data protection compliance to regulatory authorities.
- Any other job to be assigned by the Head, Assurance and Compliance.
Key Performance Indicators
- Up to date LBS Personal Data Map
- Data Subjects’ Requests Register with resolutions.
- Demonstration of LBS Compliance with NDPR & GDPR at all times.
- Established LBS Document Management Standard.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline.
- Master’s Degree or other advanced degree in related discipline would be added advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional association/institute is desirable.
- Additional recognized privacy qualifications e.g. Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), etc. (desirable).
- Sound understanding of computer systems, databases and how personal data is collected, stored and processed with recent experience in privacy & data protection compliance.
- Minimum of five years’ experience on related role is required.
- Experience in a similar role and an understanding of the data protection risks faced by large data-driven organizations with the ability to conduct the role independently and with integrity.
- Ability to make good judgements regarding data privacy risks and to prioritise resources and activity around managing those risks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior management, and to exercise strong work ethics.
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks, and to provide clear advice and direction even when faced with competing demands and short deadlines.
- Previous experience of monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements and effectively engaging regulatory bodies.
- Experience in managing data incidents and breaches.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity risks and other information security standards.
- Expert knowledge of data protection legislation, in particular the NDPR & GDPR with a Compliance, IT Security, Legal, Audit and/or Risk Management background.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect, trust and credibility at all levels.
- Strong team player, enthusiastic and positive, with the ability to remain calm, controlled and resilient.
- Sound report writing skills.
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using “DPO2022 (Job Code)” as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- LBS is an equal opportunity employer
Application Deadline 11th March, 2022.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]