Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data and Logistics Systems Manager
Ref No: JR1058926
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- The Diageo market in Africa contributes 13% of Diageo’s Net Sales Value and boosts the leading growth statistics in the world. There are 8 different companies stretched on the continent with Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa as the biggest. Over 1,400 Stock keeping units managed in 38 warehouses and over 79 transporters.
- Apart from South Africa, most transport and warehousing activities are manual and for the automation, and not interfaced with SAP. Tracking tools for trucks are owned and operated by 3PL and not Diageo, Transport rates are pre-negotiated, and changes attract high penalties.
- To support efficient supply chain and route to market system installation, operations and integration. This will include delivering a seamless operations platform between Diageo, the Control tower and 3PLs.
- The role holder will work closely with Diageo Business Service (DBS) teams in different shared services locations.
- Carry out regression testing for Diageo systems (SAP/WMS/TMS) interfaces and carry out user acceptance testing for any system change requests.
- Lead process improvement and control that ensures all logistics operations are documented, efficient and compliant.
- Act as a contact point for error processing and interface management between Diageo and 3PLs.
- Arrange necessary trainings and/or train new users/joiners within MOVE in systems operations and organize SAP/WMS/TMS Standard operating procedures refresher training quarterly.
- Advise the users and business on the process of invoking Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in case the interface systems are off and its implication on the business.
- He/she will need to interact across cultures & have strong influence/impact within businesses to drive change and system upgrades.
- He/she will also need to engage and partner with key Diageo Supply Partners (3PL’s, DBS, resourcing partners etc.) as well as other external suppliers
- Act as a reference point for all customer delivery system management; monitor and trouble shoot failed orders for 3rd party and maintain a tracker of the interface system issues log and have a monthly review.
- Degree or equivalent in Appropriate Supply Chain, Mathematical or Business Degree.
- Demonstrated skills in TMS/SAP, processing.
- Effectively networked across the CoE markets
- An understanding of how leading technology can enable effective logistics operations
- Ability to work with and align stakeholders behind plans and win support for implementing change.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to drive change and process improvements.
- Strong understanding of core Logistics operations processes.
- Understanding of the impact of supply chain dynamics on business performance
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]