Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In Nigeria, SI supports Navanti to implement the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Activity which provides comprehensive MEL and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) support to strengthen USAID/Nigeria’s results for increased learning and accountability and contribute to implementation of its Country Development Cooperation Strategy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data Analyst, USAID Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH Activity) Final Performance Evaluation
Scope of Work
- Data analysis with infographics.
- USAID/Nigeria has engaged the MEL Support Activity to conduct an external final performance evaluation of a Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Activity. This Activity focuses on reforming State Water Board (SWB) governance toward cost-recovery, increasing investment in infrastructure, and expanding access to water and sanitation to large unserved and underserved populations.
- The primary purpose of this final performance evaluation is to determine whether USAID’s assistance achieved stated development objectives, and to understand the lessons learned from the Activity. It is intended to provide an independent examination of the overall progress and accomplishments of the Activity.
- November 2021 – March 2022 (The estimated start date will be November 1, 2021. The evaluation is expected to last until March 2022, and the estimated level of effort (LOE) will be 15 days, maximum).
- We seek a Data Analyst to provide support and short-term technical assistance for the E-WASH Activity Final Performance Evaluation for the Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity.
The Data Analyst will be engaged for a maximum of 15 days based on the determination of the extent of secondary data for analysis and the extent of data collected. The duties will include:
- Review the protocol, interview guides and survey instruments to better understand the key aspects of the evaluation and the data collected;
- Based on the feedback, adjust the analysis plan;
- Carry out data cleaning including but not limited to merging data whenever necessary;
- Under the guidance of the supervisor and the evaluation Team Leader, support both qualitative and quantitative data analysis across the evaluation questions
- Arrange for and participate in virtual group meeting in collaboration with Social Impact/MEL Support Activity.
- Produce highly visual infographic deliverables outlining key evaluation findings.
- Review of secondary data and supporting documents from a variety of sources
- Review and understand the sample size and sampling strategy for various respondent groups;
- Prepare a data analysis plan in collaboration with the evaluation team and SI for review and feedback;
The candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ hands-on experience in data collection in the urban WASH/utility sector and related work is required.
- Ability to produce high quality work under tight timeframes;
- Ability to work as a team player; and
- He / She should have participated in similar assignments involving data collection and surveys of international donor funded projects particularly in Nigeria.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English language. Must also understand at least one of either Hausa, Ibo or Yoruba local languages.
- Proficiency in qualitative coding and STATA is a must. Ability to do basic infographics and use other qualitative and qualitative analysis tools is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis; early submission is recommended.
- SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls
Follow Our New Telegram Channel to get updates on Authentic Freelance, Remote and Local Jobs