Communications Officer at INTERSOS
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
General Purpose of the Position
- Under the supervision of the COVAX PM, the Covax communications officer will support our Covax internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity materials, respond to inquiries from the public during meetings, and coordinate promotional events.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Collaborates with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Writes, edits, and distributes content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Seeks opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintains records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Manages conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Responds to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establishes and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 1-year relevant experience in a communications role.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and creative
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to integrate and adapt to cultures within context
- Excellent networking skills, cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Knowledge of NGO and Humanitarian industry
- Computer literacy (MS Excel, MS Word)
- Good organizational skills Ability and willingness to travel between across locations of implementation within LGA
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Language
- High degree of negotiation and strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners.
- Ability to work with a reasonable level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardships.
[sc name=”ads” ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Attach CV with the format “Surname and the Position you applied for”.
- Only candidates whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- This is a proposal position, and recruitment depends on funding
- INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment
Application Deadline 20th August 2021 by 4:00 PM.