The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of Parliament in 1960. This Act depicts that the NRCS is recognized by the Federal Government of Nigeria as a community based Voluntary Aid Society, auxiliary to and complementing the public authorities in the area of humanitarian interventions.
Clinical Laboratory Consultants
[sc name=”ads” ][/sc]
Location: Benue , Cross River , Taraba
DELIVERING HEALTH AND NUTRITION ASSISTANCE TO CAMEROON REFUGEES
CALL FOR CLINICAL LABORATORY CONSULTANTS
The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) is a recipient of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) funds to implement ‘Delivering Health and Nutrition Assistance to Cameroon Refugees’ Project.
As a result of conflict in southern Cameroon, more than 50,000 persons are displaced into neighboring Nigeria in search of safety, stability and a better life.
The project seeks to strengthen access and delivery of quality healthcare and nutrition services to Cameroon refugees and host communities in Benue, Cross River and Taraba states of Nigeria.
The project will support the revitalization of health departments and PHCs in Taraba, Benue and Cross River States according to NPHCDA Minimum standards including upgrading laboratory capacities and addressing the human resource for health needs for optimal diagnosis and management of common medical ailments.
Nigerian Red Cross Society is seeking for committed and skilled Clinical Laboratory professionals to support UNHCR/NRCS projects to improve laboratory practices in PHCs and selected secondary care facilities across Benue, Cross River and Taraba states to meet the UNHCR minimum requirements of Laboratory services in UNHCR supported PHCs.
State LGAs PHCs
Benue Adikpo Abande, Ikyogen
Cross River Akampa Osomba
Calabar South NRCS Clinic
Boki Bashua, Bashu, Biajua,
Danare II, Orimekpang,
Etung Agbokim, Ajassor
Obanliku Amana, Upranch, Utanga
Ogoja Adagom, Ukende
Taraba Takum TY Danjuma, Shibong
Terms of reference/Scope of the Consultancy
Consultants will be expected to support the following:
- Strengthening the capacity of Lab Technicians in all supported facilities and selected General Hospitals by providing on-site and off-site training and laboratory guidance.
- Support the Primary Health Care Development Agencies (PHCDA) in supported states to develop or domesticate laboratory quality management manuals including drafting and domesticating procedural guidelines and SOPs for tests performed in the UNHCR supported facilities as contained in theUNHCR minimum requirements of laboratory services in UNHCR supported PHCs or as required by the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA).
- Support Laboratories in PHCs towards improvement as contained in Strengthening Laboratory Management Toward Accreditation (SLMTA) guidelines or drive laboratories towards meeting ISO15189 or CLSI quality system essentials for all tests performed in the PHCs.
- Support improvement of infection control practices in PHCs and PHC laboratories
- Set up quality assurance programme for the laboratories.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Consultant Pathologist (Laboratory Medicine Physician) or Medical Lab Scientist from a reputable Higher Institution.
- At least 5 years’ experience in teaching Laboratory Medicine or Medical Laboratory Science in a tertiary institution in Nigeria
- At least 5 academic publications in reputable peer reviewed academic journals in field of Laboratory medicine or medical laboratory science
- Good Bench experience.
- Due to the hard-to-reach terrain of the PHC locations, willingness and capacity to travel to difficult and frustrating workingconditions andlong-distancewalkingisrequired.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to develop standard operating procedures.
How to apply
Interested and qualified consultants should send their CVs and cover letter as one document in PDF format saved with their name to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject of the mail: Laboratory Consultant 2021
Kindly note that applications who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
All applications should be sent before 5pm Friday, 23rd July, 2021.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.