MultiChoice Group is a leading entertainment company and we’re home to some of the most recognised brands on the continent. Our entertainment platforms – DStv, GOtv, Showmax and DStv Now – are a hub for more than 19 million people across 50 countries. Through Irdeto, we‘re a world leader in content security, management and delivery for pay-media companies.
We’re driven by a desire to enrich lives, to make a difference to the communities and countries where we operate. Through our commitment to local content, we’re able to bring African storytelling to a global audience – and we do this through innovative technology that brings the magic to our customers wherever they are, on whatever device they’re using.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Channel Head
Reports to: Executive Head Content, West Africa Channels
Direct Reports: Yes
Purpose of the Position
- To develop and ensure execution of channel strategy.
Strategy formulation and Execution:
- Develop and execute channel’s strategy in accordance with audience changes
- Develop business case for channel proposals
- Develop schedules in alignment with channel strategy.
- Ensure appropriate content for channels is secured timeously
- Oversee dubbing and subtitling processes of content selected for the channels
- Direct editorial activities for the channels in terms of scheduling and marketing
- Manage channel’s budget
- Management and development of staff
- Ensure that new media elements are incorporated into programming
- Align marketing plans with channel strategy
- Set and monitor team performance objectives
- Oversee monthly schedules which is produced based on research, demographics, market intelligence, available audiences and any other relevant criteria
- Ensure channels perform within parameters of target market
- Ensure that airtime sales targets are met on a monthly basis
- Ensure regulatory, company ethics and channel requirements are met
- Handle ad hoc information requests.
- Drive delivery and programme acceptance review of content as per business requirements
- Ensure metadata is loaded on systems correctly and timeously
- Ensure schedule lock and release deadlines are met as per SOP
- Ensure catch-up content cleared and processed timeously
- Ensure electronic programme guide deadlines are met
- Ensure on air targets are met.
- Ensure compliance with license conditions, and safeguard the M-Net reputation
- Ensure contractual compliance and interact with Content Acquisition on any issues
- Ensure all contracts are in place before production
- Ensure all content is in alignment to regulatory requirements.
- Oversee activities of the team to ensure effective delivery of business unit objectives.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Review and update the department’s organization structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member.
- Approve leave requests for team members and create leave plan to ensure adequate coverage.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from Human Capital when required.
- Resolve grievances raised by team members and escalate only if required.
- Address poor performance of any team member through the formal Performance Improvement programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognized.
- Determine and analyze development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from Human Capital.
- Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met.
- A Postgraduate Degree in Film and Television / Marketing / Scriptwriting.
- A minimum of 8 -10 years of experience as an executive producer, series producer or commissioning content
- Extensive entertainment and broadcasting Industry knowledge and experience
- Deep knowledge of current and future content trends in multiple markets and platforms
- People management experience is essential
- Managing large production budgets.
- Experience in delivering successful big reality international formats
- Experience delivering successful scripted content (Drama/Telenovelas/Soapies)
- Extensive understanding of audiences
- Financial Management
- Editorial judgement
- Risk Management
- Audience knowledge
- Project Management
- Rights management(content)
- Regulatory knowledge.
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Holistic Thinking.
What’s on Offer?
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply