Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Executive, USSD
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Indeco – Industry Ecosystem & Platforms
- Develop key retail growth strategies, tactics, and action plans and successfully execute within agreed timelines to meet relevant KPIs and financial targets.
- Devising strategies for driving USSD Business across all Quickteller Products
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Research on new financial products consumers interact with and devise a plan to grow Quickteller in that line
- Prepare business justification plans to address identified business opportunities, and work with the product team to adapt the USSD solution to this Managing the relationship with all internal and external USSD partners Managing revenue from the USSD business, and ensuring clear reporting of funds Proposes potential business deals by contacting potential strategic partners discovering and exploring opportunities with said partners to leverage their existing network/offerings Developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Contribute to Interswitch’s evaluation strategy by ensuring Quickteller’s dominance in the USSD space
- Work with various internal groups to drive the profitability of Quickteller’s consumer business
- Develop understanding of product profitability levers and produce plans to improve the online product proposition eg balance building and retention activities
- Closely track the business metrics and analytics; and works with the product manager to identify and resolve issues.
- Good First Degree from a reputable institution
- An MBA would be an added advantage.
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience in USSD management.
- USSD business skills
- Presentation Skills
- Contract Negotiation
- Lead Generation
- Customer Insights.
- Research and Strategy skills
- Business & Market Intelligence Skills
- Business Analysis Skills
- Collaboration Skills
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance multiple stakeholders’ needs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th May, 2022.