Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Attendant – Laundry
Location: Lagos Marriott Hotel Ikeja, 122 Joel Ogunnaike Street, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Housekeeping & Laundry
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
- Operate and monitor washing, dry cleaning, and drying machinery, including adding chemicals and cleaning lint traps.
- Identify stained or damaged items and determine status for repair, spot treatment, rewash, or discard. Inspect cleanliness of articles removed from the washer, dryer, or dry-cleaning machines and place in clean linen carts.
- Set dryers to designated times and temperatures based on fabrics contained in load.
- Remove lint and debris from dryer screens, dry cleaning filters, and drain trap after each load.
- Fold cleaned articles into designated size, either by hand or using folding machine. Maintain accurate records of items laundered.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and / or cost-savings.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and / or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Method of Application
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law
Interested and qualified? Go to Marriott International, Inc. on jobs.marriott.com to apply