MasterCard Incorporated (NYSE: MA) or MasterCard Worldwide is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the MasterCard International Global Headquarters, Purchase, New York, United States, in Westchester County.
Analyst, Enterprise Transformation Team
The Work at the Foundation
- The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways.
- The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
- As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being.
- Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities.
- We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation.
- The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
- The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation.
- While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
Understanding Canada Programs at the Foundation:
- We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
- The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
- We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
Reporting to the Transformation, Lead, the Analyst, Enterprise Transformation Team will be a key support to the Enterprise Transformation team and will work on priorities related to:
- Supporting the day-to-day delivery of the Enterprise Transformation Team by supporting workstreams through problem-solving and facilitation
- Support the ETT lead with implementation of new operating model on continent in collaboration with country team stakeholders.
- The priorities within the mandate of the team are in service of the Foundation’s programming and operations.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Provide support in problem-solving and decision-making support to eliminate barriers to implementation.
- Collaborate with workstreams, convene, and drive problem solving through facilitation and output synthesis to address process and content bottlenecks to workstream leaders as required.
- Support to design, and manage a rigorous transformation office structure to coordinate, and enable cross-functional, typically enterprise-level efforts that fundamentally expand the organization’s capabilities or substantive alter how the organization does its work.
- Oversee the creation of documentation to drive problem solving sessions, workstream management, and requests to quantify and clarify workstream progress, outputs, and potential impacts.
- Use data and qualitative evidence to identify other opportunities for improvements to enterprise processes; propose action plans to implement improvements.
- Provide support in tracking progress across workstreams to provide updates and potentially lead components or sub-components:
- Create or utilize appropriate technologies to track and manage against integrative milestones with specific focus on complex workstream dependencies that impact ability to deliver.
- Support in development KPIs and metrics to manage workstreams against to ensure timely delivery and dependency management.
- Support the production of materials and presentations for transformation lead, workstreams, or as inputs to communications as required.
- Provide support in ongoing management of the ETT toolkit and Workstream capability building and lead components or sub-components:
- Co-develop documents and resources
- Co-create training and communication deliverables
- Jointly execute broad implementation plan
- Monitor and respond to ETT-related inquiries as first admin/pipeline lead for the ETT intake management process
- Execute changes to the website and develop additional pieces as required.
- Provide support to Transformation, Lead in creating planning tools as required.
- Provide support in team meeting agenda and materials development.
- Administer workstream problem solving sessions and other materials.
- Maintain ETT resources with the Foundation’s internal knowledge management system (SharePoint, Compas).
- Monitor ETT-related inquiries from Compas sites as first admin for the ETT intake management process.
- Participate in functional and team meetings.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Who You Are
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration or a related field; Master’s Degree is an asset.
- PMP and Lean Six Sigma (e.g., green belt, yellow belt) certification is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint).
- French language and/or local language skills are an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in a relevant capacity including project management and business process/analysis, or equivalent.
- Strong fundamentals in project management principles.
- Team player, self-starter, and resourceful with the ability to work within a constantly changing and ambiguous environment with minimal supervision.
- Service mindset for responsiveness to requests and striving towards becoming trusted business partners to drive common Foundation goals.
- A team player with strong self-direction balanced with collaborative and creative approach, with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Positive and proactive process management with an eye for detail and a strong ownership mentality
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures and at different levels.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Method of Application
Note: To avoid missing email communication about your application, please check your spam/junk folder and mark our emails as “not junk”.
Interested and qualified? Go to MasterCard on boards.greenhouse.io to apply