Search for Common Ground (SFCG) – We launched our programs in Nigeria in 2004. Now in 2022, the country program has offices in Abuja, Jos, Maiduguri, Benue and Yola. We work with partners in target states of the country to support peaceful resolution of conflict. Each program is adapted to specific local context and conflicts, and all apply common ground tools from our toolbox.
Search has established a permanent presence in Abuja as an operational base and all our Nigeria offices are currently supporting a host of programs with activities that include capacity building, dialogues, peace architecture, media programming, participatory theatre and collaborative joint activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Intern
Location: (FCT) Abuja
Employment Type: Internship
- Search Nigeria is seeking an Admin Intern who will work closely with the Senior Admin and Logistics Officer to ensure smooth Administrative and effective maintenance of the SFCG Office and premise.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that office equipment is kept in good condition
- Support in management of petty cash.
- Work closely with vendor during general maintenance of office equipment.
- Coordinate package delivery and pickup.
- Maintain office files.
- Carry out terrorist checks.
- Monthly stock recording and ensuring adequate stock supplies around the office as needed.
- Sort and deliver office mail
- Assist with conference room scheduling and maintenance, including setting up of tables and chairs for meetings
- General administrative tasks like filing, scanning, photocopying, faxing and answering phone
- Welcome guest and visitors at the reception.
- Keep tab of clock in-and-out book.
- Identify key administrative and housekeeping challenges and raise the challenge with supervisor
- Purchase of office supplies.
Educational Qualification, Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of BA/ Bsc holder with a good knowledge of admin functions
- Previous experience as an office Assistant or similar experience
- Highly organized and systematic with excellent attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and working skills, enjoys a multicultural work environment;
- A pleasant demeanor
- An attitude of honesty and integrity
- The ability to identify and solve problems on an immediate basis
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential;
- Good knowledge of other local languages might be an asset.
- Demonstrate integrity and promote SFCG values and ethical standards;
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic objectives of SFCG.
- Demonstrate capacity to adapt to a multi-cultural context, and tolerance and respect to issues related to gender, religion, race and nationality
- Treat all people fairly without favoritism and solves problems in collaborative ways.
Other Relevant Competencies:
- Focus on Quality: Setting high-quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- Learning Ability: The ability to absorb new information readily and to put it into practice effectively.
- Adaptability: The ability to remain fully functional by adapting to changing circumstances (environment, procedures and people).
- Accountability: Being accountable and passing on accountability for one’s own actions and those of colleagues and the organization.
- Attention to detail: The ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently
- Collaboration: The ability to work effectively with others in order to achieve a shared goal – even when the object at stake is of no direct personal interest possibilities.
- Creativity: The ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
- Ability to perform minor administrative tasks
- Ability to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform daily routine to ensure detailed filling and archiving of assets and documents
- Ability to perform general duties including logistics support.
- Ability to stock and label office supplies and keep proper stock record to ensure ample supply to carry out duties.
Duration of Internship:
- The internship shall be for the duration of Six months.
- The intern will be eligible for a daily stipend of NGN 2,500 for each working day.
- Payment will be made at the end of the month for the days worked. SEARCH is not liable for any payments, insurance, or other liability beyond this allowance.
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Please send the following:
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date).
Application Deadline 11th February, 2022.
- Please compile your cover letter, resume and all supporting documentation into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- This position is only open to Nigerian nationals.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]